I figured i should start a new thread for this subject, didn't want to confuse the other one.

I was doing more research last night, BRS says on their web site that airframe parachute systems for experimental aircraft range from $3000 to $12,500

I decided to look & see what Spruce was selling personal parachutes for, they run from approx $1900 - $2600

I am looking at this a couple ways, 1) after spending a lot of $$$ on the project it would be real nice to be able to save it if there is a problem in testing, but 2) if it has a serious flaw is it worth saving, and the airframe chute adds weight & forces design compromises.

I figure if I need a chute it will probably be in the flight testing phase (unless there is an engine failure at some time later)

Another point to consider is the testing will be done in Central Illinois, there are lots of big flat fields around here.

Anyone have any thoughts? Should I continue trying to fit an airframe parachute or should I just wear one for testing? (I may decide to wear one anyway just in case, even if it has an airframe chute)