Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for opinions.....

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    My apologies, Rick, I *thought* you had considerable ownership experience, but couldn't remember for sure. You've definitely got the background to move to the Special Airworthiness fun stuff.

Ron Wanttaja
    Ron,
    absolutely no apologies necessary, I have been out of the game for awhile. So much has changed that I need to lean on those that have the expertise. I really have to admit that all the rule changes since I parked last are overwhelming. Some good some bad. All confusing.... Lol. I am really just excited to be able to get back in, that at times I am like a kid a the zoo. Look over there ohhhhhhh that's cool wait lets go over there that is really cool...... You get the idea.
    still sitting here trying to decide ... Build and wait ( or buy a kit already done ) or buy and fly but no maintenance. Oh the decisions..... Lol
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Yes, but...I want to be able to FIT in it. Mooney Mites don't come in XXLT. :-)

Besides, the Mooney Mite isn't Sport Pilot eligible.

Ron Wanttaja
    that's why it's cheap.

That thing is the 'skinny jeans' of aircraft. I have a radio controlled plane that is almost the same size. lol

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    That thing is the 'skinny jeans' of aircraft. I have a radio controlled plane that is almost the same size. lolRick
    Actually, they are a lot of fun, you won't fly any cheaper or have as much fun for less money.

Seriously I do love the look. For me personally, it will not work as it is not an LSA, I would still love to try one out.
    Rick

I haven't looked at email for a bit, and my how this subject is living up to the aforementioned "widely misunderstood" category. Including my own, thank you Ron.

WYORANCH, all of this very much points to a used E/AB purchase. There are many that fit the LSA category. You'll be flying NOW and able to do your own maintenance. As far as yearly condition inspection (AKA the Giger), I feel the $300 (or whatever) paid to another pair of eyes on my plane to be well worth the expense. And better eyes than mine.

There is an estate-sale Kitfox for sale at my airport (SBP) that needs all the hoses etc. replaced (Rotax 912 100HP) for about $20K.

Russel Green

A guy was at our chapter meeting last night -- he's putting his barely-out-of-Phase-I Waiex up for sale. Pretty cheap, as i recall. It's got a Great Plains VW engine in it. I'd be tempted myself, if I thought I could A.) tuck it under the RV-12 wing in the hangar and B.) still sleep indoors when my wife found out about it.