Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airventure Activity Schedule in a Single Document/File

Airventure Activity Schedule in a Single Document/File

Is there a single (.pdf) file somewhere on the Airventure website that lists all activities, including all forums in a single document. Would be nice as the activity schedule that I found is 45+ separate web pages long.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    What you are looking for is the "Visitor Guide" picture Here

The Visitor Guide, or in prior years Info Guide, is what I like to call the calendar for AirVenture Oshkosh. The Visitor Guide has everything you need to know about what’s going on every day at any given time at AirVenture Oshkosh. There is resource information, and visitor services information is at the beginning. Along with that, the following information can be located in the Visitor Guide: Name, location and hours of the shopping tents, name, location and hours for food, list of exhibitors and their location, maps, and a daily events and forum schedules. These are free to everyone as an attendee and of course available to all volunteers.

They use to have it available as a PDF file on the EAA website.
    But for some reason beyond my pay grade they stopped providing a link to it on the EAA website.
    I always thought it was because the info that is in the Visitor Guide is in a state flux i.e. constantly changing.
    And they probably do not send the final version to the printer until a couple days before the AirVenture convention.
    That is why they went with the AirVenture App, it is updated daily.

I always thought it was a lot easier to use the Visitor Guide as a PDF prior to the AirVenture convention.
    Because of the FIND search feature that a PDF has.
    I could do a keyword search for F16 and the PDF FIND search feature would search for all the events pertaining to F16's.
    Or keyword someone name and it would find all the events that person was involved in.

I vote that they reinstate Visitor Guide as a PDF and provide a link to it on the EAA website.
    It certainly would be a time saver.

+1!

The Visitor Guide in the form of a .pdf would work!! Something searchable using the iPad or laptop.

I'd recommend the app as well, it's the most up to date info and is even refreshed throughout the show. I don't believe the 2016 updates have been released yet for IOS but will be pretty soon!
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cernjar View Post
    I'd recommend the app as well, it's the most up to date info and is even refreshed throughout the show. I don't believe the 2016 updates have been released yet for IOS but will be pretty soon!
    The last couple years the app also had numerous problems that made it clumsy to use, as documented in several threads here. I hope your developers have addresses those issues.

Mike E

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cernjar View Post

Eric... Is there a reason why the Visitor Guide in the form of a .pdf cannot be made available?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Santic View Post
    Eric... Is there a reason why the Visitor Guide in the form of a .pdf cannot be made available?
    Let me look into that for you.
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

It would be very nice as (I am sure I am not the only one) I have a company issued blackberry and third party apps are forbidden, that and there is no app for BB. The ability to carry it with me would be nice, even if it entails refreshing it occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    It would be very nice as (I am sure I am not the only one) I have a company issued blackberry and third party apps are forbidden, that and there is no app for BB. The ability to carry it with me would be nice, even if it entails refreshing it occasionally.
    WYO! Don't take the risk! The last time I took the company issued BB to OSH, it exploded with "we need you in Texas NOW!" Take a real vacation (remember those) and leave the Company behind.