Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Valdez STOL Competition Feedback

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I disagree. They had much more notice than just a couple of days as my post #12 in this thread attests to, a full 3 weeks before the start of Osh. My message was heard loud and clear and acknowledged by a moderator of this forum with what I thought was a mostly FY dismissive response. Anybody who's been to UL would know the area could not accommodate the expected crowds in a manner that would allow for good sight lines. I'm sorry to say it but your great Valdez event was not given the due respect it deserved by the organizers.

And now for something completely different. I gotta ask you Jughead, are you Betty guy or a Veronica guy? Me, it's been Veronica for decades.
    I suspect that the organizers will appreciate your help in making it happen in 2017.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I disagree. They had much more notice than just a couple of days as my post #12 in this thread attests to, a full 3 weeks before the start of Osh. My message was heard loud and clear and acknowledged by a moderator of this forum with what I thought was a mostly FY dismissive response. Anybody who's been to UL would know the area could not accommodate the expected crowds in a manner that would allow for good sight lines. I'm sorry to say it but your great Valdez event was not given the due respect it deserved by the organizers.

And now for something completely different. I gotta ask you Jughead, are you Betty guy or a Veronica guy? Me, it's been Veronica for decades.
    GBRASH,

You are correct sir, I had forgotten about that post earlier on, and the administrator's response. While I'm not part of the planning/operations group. I will continue to push this issue to those that are involved at that level. There are over 5,000 volunteers that make this week the wonderful event it is. I'm not making excuses for them, but I would be interested to know what the limiting factors that prevented more bleachers from being placed may be.

Veronica, definitely!