Thread: 2016 EAA Elections

Byron J. Covey

2016 EAA Elections

Question for Jack Pelton:

Why is it necessary for members to attend the annual meeting to vote?

The IAC method seems to work well, and gives all members the opportunity to vote for their representatives.

Please establish a new voting procedure that provides for maximum member participation, transparency of process, and fairness.

Thank you.

Byron J. Covey
    EAA 36946
    IAC 596

I have asked that question myself........
    Rick

This topic regularly comes up, but it is ignored by the Board.

I plan on querying in-person at the annual meeting.

Ted

It is indeed odd... I don't recall any other organization of which I've been a member that does not allow voting via mail or on line. No corporation in which I hold stock requires attendance at the annual meeting to vote either.

They only want the "anointed ones" to vote. So they make it difficult. I am a member of many organizations a not a single one other than the EAA requires you to be present.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    They only want the "anointed ones" to vote. So they make it difficult. I am a member of many organizations a not a single one other than the EAA requires you to be present.
    +1 We are the 'unwashed' and are incapable of knowing what is best for us. Total BULL$%&@.

If everything was open and transparent then Jack Pelton and his cronies would be gone faster than you can spell Poberezny. It really is about time that we started to mobilize the membership to bring EAA back around to what it was always meant to be. I know with an organization as large as ours we cannot make everyone happy all of the time, but Jack's corporate culture needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    If everything was open and transparent then Jack Pelton and his cronies would be gone faster than you can spell Poberezny. It really is about time that we started to mobilize the membership to bring EAA back around to what it was always meant to be. I know with an organization as large as ours we cannot make everyone happy all of the time, but Jack's corporate culture needs to go.
    I agree...EAA and AOPA have usurped us on medical reformed and grass roots aviation. I have no distaste for anyone but the total climate is just not there. Along with more regulation, forced ADS-B, and adversarial Control Towers, flying is just not fun anymore.