Hi all,

I need a replacement elevator trailing edge tube for an old Keuthan aircraft buccaneer 2 kit. Assume the same part used in all Buccaneer 2's and possibly Aventura 2. i had ordered and received a replacement part from Aero Adventure but the part received was not serviceable.

Over the past 10 months, I have searched local companies that bend thin wall aluminum tube in Portland metro area, but no one willing to even try to duplicate the part. 3 months ago, I purchased some bending dies and built my own fixture foundation for home brew mandrel bender. Was able to bend, fabricate three of the four parts needed, but the elevator tube with largest angular bends will not bend without collapse and fracture around 3.5" radius. My fixture is not rigid enough. Yes, the 6061-t6 1" od, .049" wall tube was annealed before bends attempted.

With so many Buccaneer 2's out there (mostly in Florida) I hope someone has or knows someone with an extra elevator trailing edge tube to sell. If you have, or know someone that has an elevator tube they would be willing to sell, or can fabricate a tube, please, please respond here. I have only one tube as a pattern, the other was shipped to Aero Adventure as pattern but was not return.

Help in locating, procuring the needed part would be infinitely appreciated.

Steve Kelley