Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mosquito Control

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    Goes to show how a little (or a lot) of proactive work can have a big impact.
    It's not really a lot of work. It takes a little time but not a lot of work. It's the expense. But it is worth every penny. But the people who live around me get to enjoy a mosquito free zone and no cost to them. I don't understand how people just live with problems like this. I want to attack a problem like this and not with mosquito spray. What a waste of money. Nip this at the source.

Tony

I also take some of these bits and put them in a small can and fill with water. I let this sit in a cool spot out of sunlight in my house for a few days. This then gets poured into a sprayer and I mix another gallon of water with this. I spray the grass around my hangar using this.
    This is a really big deal. Little b----rds will breed in grass if there's enough rain to hold water above the soil. I don't have any standing water around my house (I'm pretty obsessed with it), and still had them in the back yard. Spraying the grass with insect control really cut down on them.

My wife gets annoyed at the barn swallow family that comes back every year and nests near my front door under the eave, but they cut down on the mosquitoes as well.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.