Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Big Ass Solutions?" Really?

"Big Ass Solutions?" Really?

Looking at the Airventure website, I see that Exhibit Hangar D will be known as "Big Ass Solutions Exhibit Hangar D."

Really? Is "ass" not a swear word anymore? Shall I tell my grandson I'll meet him at the Big Ass Solutions Exhibit Hangar?

Am I the only one offended by this?

Quote Originally Posted by StuBob View Post
    Looking at the Airventure website, I see that Exhibit Hangar D will be known as "Big Ass Solutions Exhibit Hangar D."

Really? Is "ass" not a swear word anymore? Shall I tell my grandson I'll meet him at the Big Ass Solutions Exhibit Hangar?

Am I the only one offended by this?
    You are referring to the fan company.......they gave my son a cool hat.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    You are referring to the fan company.......they gave my son a cool hat.
    I attended a trade show for food and beverage, they were there with a booth. They were giving away foam donkey which is their mascot logo....

Not the most "Family Friendly" name to be sure. If I was with my grandkids I'd tell them we were in Exhibit Hangar D.

I guess it was better than the outfit that was there a while back, selling black prophylactics under the product name, "Stealth." Sales line was, "They'll never see you [XXXX]." The actual word was the antonym for "Going".

We'll see if THIS passes the nanny filters.....

In EAA's defense, this booth was set up outside the main area, on what I suspect was private land. Probably right outside one of the beer halls.

Ron Wanttaja

I am about as far away from being PC as is possible, but I am kind of with StuBob. Tough one to explain to the little ones. Just like Tom Steber, I will be found in hanger D. I do fear a long drawn out PC discussion about this......
    Rick
    Last edited by wyoranch; 06-16-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Meh. I don't see the big deal and don't think of "ass" being particularly offensive. YMMV......
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Another example of language "coarsening." I hear lots of swear words on TV nowadays. Late night shows worst of all. As for Big Ass Fans, here's their web site:
    http://www.bigassfans.com/
    A gym that I used to go to had a gigantic ceiling fan made by this company. Good product, company name in questionable taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark van Wyk View Post
    Another example of language "coarsening." I hear lots of swear words on TV nowadays. Late night shows worst of all.
    Not just language......any behavior someone wants to desensitize the masses with will be rammed down viewers throats program after program.

I try not to be someone who is easily offended, despite our current culture which seems to place an emphasis on being offended by relatively benign things.

So, these fans? Meh. Wish the company had a less coarse name. It doesn't. Not a big deal to me. BTW, we have their fans at work. They do a nice job.