Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 40 Days!

Here is the one I keep finding, which is in the 2016 section but is the 2015 version:
    http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/air...isitorsmap.pdf
    The campground bus route (to me) is yellow? Do we have a different map or a monitor/color confusion?

Glider, here is the tram schedule that has me confused (easy to do the older I get ). http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pla...shuttles/trams

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    Glider, here is the tram schedule that has me confused (easy to do the older I get ). http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pla...shuttles/trams
    Yep, me too. I read the same thing. I think that is the same tram that runs over to the corner gate of the fly market near the exhibit buildings and you can jump off and head into camp. Will know for sure once we arrive!
    My next biggest question is whether Jerry Sleger will return for his umpteenth "final year". If not I hope they park his van still and play the CD's.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by glider90 View Post
    Here is the one I keep finding, which is in the 2016 section but is the 2015 version:
    http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/air...isitorsmap.pdf
    The campground bus route (to me) is yellow? Do we have a different map or a monitor/color confusion?
    My eyes do not see some color shades very well and I do have a older monitor.
    Yes, you are right, the campground bus route is yellow.
    I am looking at the same 2015 version / Grounds map as you.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    The below underlined statement is ether something new or a typo.

Green Tram (noon to 8 p.m.) – Route from FAA Control Tower to the Bus park to the Fly Market Gate serves as a convenience for departing attendees.

I have never seen or heard of the Green Tram heading south to the fly market gate from the bus park.
    The Green Tram route in past years went from the control tower to the bus park and back.
    Could be something new added this year.
    My hunch it is a typo because there is no public parking over at the fly market for departing attendees.
    The blue lot public parking and handicap parking is right next to the bus park.
    Unless a decision was made to help camp Scholler residents get back to their camp sites by dropping them off at the fly market.
    If it is true they added a fly market drop off/pickup to the Green tram route, it would most likely be inside the AirVenture Convention grounds gates.
    We will have to wait until the 2016 Grounds map becomes available to see if a route to the fly market was added.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Yep, me too. I read the same thing. I think that is the same tram that runs over to the corner gate of the fly market near the exhibit buildings and you can jump off and head into camp. Will know for sure once we arrive!
    My next biggest question is whether Jerry Sleger will return for his umpteenth "final year". If not I hope they park his van still and play the CD's.
    The tram you mentioned in your post is the South RED tram route. Check illustration
    The Red dot on the route, in between Exhibit building hangars B & D is the drop off and pickup location..

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    The tram you mentioned in your post is the South RED tram route. Check illustration
    The Red dot on the route, in between Exhibit building hangars B & D is the drop off and pickup location..
    Yep, I agree, I was combining the red and green based on the typed statement. I would like to see a tram drop campers off near the fly market exit if logistically possible this year. Will be something to watch for to see if it is a typo or a new addition.
    Thanks.

Yep, I agree, I was combining the red and green based on the typed statement. I would like to see a tram drop campers off near the fly market exit if logistically possible this year. Will be something to watch for to see if it is a typo or a new addition.
    Thanks.
    I guess it is not a typo.
    They added a southern leg to the Green Tram Route.
    The AV16 Grounds Map is Posted.
    Looks like there are Drop offs and pick-ups at the Main Admissions Gate and the Fly Market Gate on the new Southern leg.
    It could get a little congested on that Southern leg, along with the seaplane base and the Campground Scholler buses.
    Thanks for the convenience EAA!

10 days! What are you most interested in seeing this year?