Thread: Jonn Frank Has Flown West!

Jonn Frank Has Flown West!

We are deeply saddened to report the passing of John Frank, founder and co-owner of the Cessna Pilots Association, on Thursday, June 9th at his home in Santa Maria, CA.

Cessnas 2 Oshkosh and the Cessna Pilots Association, as well as the general aviation community have lost a true visionary leader and a consummate aviator. We were fortunate to count John Frank among our strongest supporters and will be forever grateful.

Our thoughts and prayers are with John's loved ones. Rest in peace, our dear friend John Frank.

Yep, John was a real contributor to the light aviation. His work with the CPA touched me even though I've not flown a Cessna in decades.

Condolences to his family and friends. Blue skies and tailwinds...

Indeed a sad day. John introduced me to the EAA way back in 1974, first to the museum in Hales Corners and then to Oshkosh for the EAA Fly-in. My first flight in an airplane was with John in his V-tail Bonanza. I always looked forward to sitting down with John each year @ Airventure and reminiscing about the good old days. Rest in peace, John.

John was an Army helicopter pilot, class 67-5, that flew with the 173rd Assault Helicopter Company in Vietnam.