Quote Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
I'm 58 and a recently retired Firefighter wanting to build a homebuilt LSA and get a Sport Pilot License.

Scouring the Internet for information about Sport Pilot Training I came across this thread, and I like it. I'm a long time EAA Member and have been to AirVenture many times. One of the best things about AirVenture is the like mindness and fellowship of everyone with the same love of Aviation and the EAA grounds just feel like home to me.

Unlike the slightly put off look I have often got when asking about anything Sport Pilot at my local airports, Im relieved to see there's now available a positive and welcoming Sport a Pilot atmosphere that I'm sure that an EAA Academy will offer and at my favorite place to be.

I was a student pilot 25 years ago. Even though I soloed early on, because jiving mine and my instructors schedules was such a PITA, sometimes I only flew once a month and my training stretched out for over a year which became so discouraging I quit instead of getting another instructor like I should have. The idea of living and breathing aviation trying with fellow like minded enthusiasts for several weeks on the hallowed AirVenture grounds sounds too good to be true.

Count me in.
Hey Mike,

By 'count me in', do you mean this is something you want to pursue this year, or sometime in the future?

Thanks!
Eric