Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sport Pilot Academy

One more data point: I got a news blurp the other day that EAA has surpassed 200,000 members. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    One more data point: I got a news blurp the other day that EAA has surpassed 200,000 members. Just sayin'
    Just sayin... The FAA has more registered Drones then registered airplanes. That speaks volumes.

Maybe the drone operators should hold a fly-in breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Maybe the drone operators should hold a fly-in breakfast!
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Not showing any signs of death...

I went to a little gathering over the weekend at a little airstrip. We had some eats and went around looking at all the airplanes that have not moved in a decade or more. Not one, not two, not three, but many many airplanes that have so much dirt and dust on them some are hard to even tell the color. I was there for a few hrs. Take a guess at how many airplanes we had fly in or over while we had this annual lunch that is held monthly. Not one. There were about 7 of us who came for this lunch.

Then in another town about 20 mins away we have a county airport. They hold a monthly fly-in breakfast. I drove in for the last one last month. As I get out of the car I see no other cars, I walk up to a locked door. There is a man inside and he lets me in. He informs me that for the last 6 or so breakfast no one shows up. He said we are not doing this anymore for no one comes to these anymore.

But Marty you are right aviation is going strong. Just ask all those who flew into these lunches and breakfast I speak of. Oh wait you can't for no one flew into either of these events. Going strong I tell you. Yea right. I like it this way for when I fly, I rarely see another airplane and our strip borders a class C airport. Our strip is right on the magna line of this class C airport. I also spoke with ATC at this airport. The head man who runs this tower told me there are days no one flies in, no one. He welcomes anyone who would like to fly in for it will give them "ATC" something to do.

Marty please explain to me what operator I mentioned that is killing off aviation? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Tony
    Hey Tony,

Just wondering if I can ask a few questions. What area are you referencing? Are there any vibrant chapters nearby? Do you have any interest in being a spark plug that can re-energize GA in your area? Odds are there are many EAA members in this area with varying degrees of interest/experience that could help to bring more GA activity. We'd be happy to help be a 'matchmaker' of sorts to bring people together if we can be of assistance.

Let me know what you think,
    Eric
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cernjar View Post
    Hey Tony,

Just wondering if I can ask a few questions. What area are you referencing? Are there any vibrant chapters nearby? Do you have any interest in being a spark plug that can re-energize GA in your area? Odds are there are many EAA members in this area with varying degrees of interest/experience that could help to bring more GA activity. We'd be happy to help be a 'matchmaker' of sorts to bring people together if we can be of assistance.

Let me know what you think,
    Eric
    Central Illinois. We do have some clubs around here. One I speak of is the one I drove to and was told they are never having another breakfast for lack of people. The other chapter has all but gone defunked. The owner built a huge dirt go kart racing track and holds races at this place now. The banks on this track are three stories high. This is one huge track. There is a club in Springfield but they don't do much. I have been trying to start my own chapter here at 3IS5. We will see what happens with this. It takes so many EAA members to start a chapter as you know. But I am trying.

What I am telling you is EAA chapters in this area are all but dried up. The members are getting up in years and not any new members joining.

Tony
    Last edited by 1600vw; 09-29-2016 at 08:50 AM.

Here is a pic of our little 4000' strip. My wing cuts off some of the strip but this is our little strip.

Name:  2016-06-27.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  14.5 KB

Central Illinois. We do have some clubs around here. One I speak of is the one I drove to and was told they are never having another breakfast for lack of people. The other chapter has all but gone defunked. The owner built a huge dirt go kart racing track and holds races at this place now. The banks on this track are three stories high. This is one huge track. There is a club in Springfield but they don't do much. I have been trying to start my own chapter here at 3IS5. We will see what happens with this. It takes so many EAA members to start a chapter as you know. But I am trying.

What I am telling you is EAA chapters in this area are all but dried up. The members are getting up in years and not any new members joining.

Tony

I can tell you there are over 600 active EAA members within 50 miles of Springfield, IL and even a couple hundred that have joined EAA recently. Tony can you send your preferred contact info to my email address? You can reach me at ecernjar@eaa.org. I'll get you in touch with the chapter office and we will see what we can do for you.

Thanks,
    Eric

Here is a pic of our little 4000' strip. My wing cuts off some of the strip but this is our little strip.

Name:  2016-06-27.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  14.5 KB
    Wow that's a beautiful view!

I can tell you there are over 600 active EAA members within 50 miles of Springfield, IL and even a couple hundred that have joined EAA recently.
    Wow! How about that?