Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Items to Oshkosh

Shipping Items to Oshkosh

I saw on the Air Adventure website that you could ship items to Oshkosh and pickup on arrival. We are considering shipping our tent and sleeping bags to cut down on weight and pick up on the 22nd upon arrival. How does this service work? Are there charges in addition to shipping costs? What are the hours for pickup?

Fedex operates an on site facility NW of Hangar A. I might give the FedEx Office store at 920 426 5580 a call. I think it's something like $5 a box over and above whatever your shipping charges are (collected when you pick up).Note when talking to the locals, the event is called "The EAA" rather than Airventure (a term nobody but EAA marketing uses, to everybody outside of Wisconsin, it's just Oshkosh).

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Fedex operates an on site facility NW of Hangar A. I might give the FedEx Office store at 920 426 5580 a call. I think it's something like $5 a box over and above whatever your shipping charges are (collected when you pick up).Note when talking to the locals, the event is called "The EAA" rather than Airventure (a term nobody but EAA marketing uses, to everybody outside of Wisconsin, it's just Oshkosh).
    Is this the same pickup listed on the EAA website? I thought it mentioned near Hangar C.

I had some small items "drop shipped" to me at GES. They are outside in trailers on the West (Scholler) side of Exhibit Hall D. See http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pla...238A3E947&_z=z. When you walk up, tell them you are an Attendee not an Exhibitor...they keep the Attendee packages in a different area. I would feel comfortable sending stuff to them. Use these labels. http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/pla...ac5837ef5.ashx Ted.

Quote Originally Posted by kshaw View Post
    Is this the same pickup listed on the EAA website? I thought it mentioned near Hangar C.
    Probably NW of A is North E of C I guess. Anyhow it's up there along the path between the Bus Tower and the ATC tower.

General consensus seems positive on using the shipping services. Planning to send all my camping gear ahead. Obviously, would be a major logistical disaster if it didn't arrive. What are the general thoughts on shipping camping gear? Soft luggage acceptable? Cardboard box? Hard plastic case? Trying to manage all the factors. Thanks!
    Bryan

Houston

I've shipped suitcases (both regular and soft siders) via FEDEX (not to Oshkosh but other places) without problem. I have much better luck with FEDEX than I do with American Airlines (don't get me started). A box will work fine as well. I shipped stuff home (sales literature and dirty laundry) in a box from Oshkosh the first year I went.

And for us repeat offenders, some rent a little storage locker right down the road at Barr Storage.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    And for us repeat offenders, some rent a little storage locker right down the road at Barr Storage.
    Yep, I have one there as well. Nice friendly folks and yes you can have things shipped to them and they'll put it in your locker for you (provided you tell them the combination on your padlock).

Appreciate all the replies. Regarding the off-site storage, how do you get the gear to and from your campsite? I'll be camping with my plane. Only ankle express available to haul me and my stuff. And I want to haul 40-50+lb of gear as little distance as possible.

Thx!
    Bryan

Houston