Thread: Canadian Snowbirds storm US

Canadian Snowbirds storm US

The Canadian Snowbird demonstration team is doing a flyover of the National Mall on Tuesday and then will be on display on the ramp at the National Air and Space Museum Stephen F. Udvar-Hazy center at Dulles Airport.

Margy has been working for the past month with Captain Regan "Sticky" Wickett and Captain Blake "Naughty" McNaught setting this up (I still laugh when I hear those call signs).

Information here:
    http://www.flydulles.com/iad/caf-sno...-washington-dc

The team will also be performing at Oshkosh this year. Some of the pilots have heard that camping with the aircraft is the way to go and are thinking about doing it one night though we let them know that on the Basler or Weeks ramp or wherever they park might not be the most interesting place to camp. We invited them to come join us in Vintage. I told them we could park them down there as the Tutors were built in 1962 and qualify in the Classic category.

Banned
    That's a sight I'd love to see--9 Tudors on the grass in vintage with tents next to each. O' CANADA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    That's a sight I'd love to see--9 Tudors on the grass in vintage with tents next to each. O' CANADA!!!
    Actually, 11. Snowbirds 1-9 are the performers but the advance/pr guys (Naughty and Sticky) fly 10 and 11, much like there is a Blue Angels 7.Anyhow, I'll be up on the roof of Daily Garage #1 today with my scanner and camera today. I'll be over at UHC (probably coopted by Margy into running the PA system) for the ramp display tomorrow.