Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Young Eagles May Pilot Update

Young Eagles May Pilot Update

I just received the following email regarding the Young Eagles program. I'm encouraged to read that more than 6,000 have successfully taken the Youth Protection training and background check. Go Young Eagles!
    --------------
    Total Young Eagles Flown: 1,975,145! As of May 19, 2016

International Young Eagles Day is June 11

Saturday June 11 is International Young Eagles Day. It’s the day we ask chapters and Young Eagles pilots to celebrate the program and introduce young people to aviation. Please consider flying on June 11th. Chapters should list their events on the EAA calendar of events. To order materials visit the volunteer resources area of the Young Eagles website.

Brian O'Lena - Manager, Young Eagles and Eagle Flights

Who Will Represent 2 Million Young Eagles at Oshkosh?
    EAA chapters and members can help find the right young person who will represent 2 million Young Eagles at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016! As we approach this historic milestone for the largest youth aviation education program ever created, one Young Eagle will be able to fulfill a dream of flight beginning at Oshkosh. Full story >>

Dine With the Chairman at AirVenture
    To celebrate the 2 millionth Young Eagles flight in 2016, three lucky volunteer pilots and their guests will have the opportunity to sit with the past or current Young Eagles chairman during the Wednesday evening Young Eagles dinner at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh 2016!

Each pilot who flies at least 10 Young Eagles between January 1, 2016, and June 24, 2016, is automatically eligible.
    Learn more >>

Sean D. Tucker: Aiming for 2 Million Young Eagles!
    Young Eagles chairman Sean D. Tucker has started his air show season, and that means he's flying Young Eagles at every stop. As EAA approaches the remarkable 2 million Young Eagles milestone this summer, Sean has a message for everyone: Get involved! Watch video >>

Discover Aviation Center at AirVenture
    This year the Young Eagles and Eagle Flights programs will move across the street from our previous location to anchor the new Discover Aviation Center on the southwest corner of Knapp and Celebration Way. The new name of our venue better reflects what we are trying to accomplish with our Young Eagles and Eagle Flights programs, that is getting people involved in aviation.

We will have information on how to volunteer and how to get a flight in our programs. In addition, we will be celebrating the 2 million Young Eagles milestone so stop by and check out our new Discover Aviation Center and watch for more information in upcoming editions of e-Hotline.

Pilots Win Lightspeed Headsets
    Two lucky Young Eagles pilots are the 2016 first quarter recipients of Lightspeed Zulu Headsets provided by our friends at Lightspeed Aviation. You are automatically entered when we receive the Young Eagles registration forms you mail in after each flight.

The winners were selected by a random drawing and include:

Oliver Coolidge, EAA 735628, from Portola Valley, California. Oliver is active in Chapter 20 and has flown Young Eagles for the past 5 years.
    Mike Mower, EAA 1036980, from Indian Trail, North Carolina. Mike has flown Young Eagle for the past 5 years with Chapter 731.

Pilots who fly a Young Eagle between April 1 and June 30, 2016, will be in the next drawing.

EAA's Youth Protection Program
    Thank you to the more than 6,000 volunteers who have completed the EAA Youth Protection training. We sincerely appreciate your dedication and response as we fast approach a huge milestone - flying our 2 millionth Young Eagle. As a reminder, if you haven't yet completed EAA's online training and background check it is now a requirement before you can fly Young Eagles. We hope you will continue to participate in the Young Eagles program and take a few minutes to complete these steps. Find out more at the Youth Protection webpage.

Fly Young Eagles, Get $1/Gallon Fuel Rebate
    Young Eagles presenting sponsor Phillips 66 provides EAA Young Eagles volunteer pilots with a $1/gallon rebate when they use the Phillips 66 Aviation Personal Credit Card to fill up for Young Eagles flights. For more details on the rebate, please visit the Phillips 66 website.

Get more information on flying Young Eagles at EAA.org.

If you have a story to share about EAA member benefits, please let us know.

Share Your Success Stories
    If you have success stories about your Young Eagles, we'd love to hear them! E-mail your stories (along with a photo) to yeagles@eaa.org or "like" us on Facebook and post them to our Young Eagles Facebook.

Mark,I think that pretty much everyone participating in the various YE/YPP threads got the same email. No need to re-post it here. In fact, I am surprised that Glory let it stand, as a matter of procedure. (Arguments for and against not being relevant.)When I read my email, I was very disappointed that it did not address recent changes or work to continue to fix problems. Everything is fine. Nothing to see here. Drink deep from the Kool-Aid.Honestly, every time I read the lemming argument in favor of the EAA YPP the more I am inclined to just wash my hands of it all.
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhemxpc View Post
    )When I read my email, I was very disappointed that it did not address recent changes or work to continue to fix problems. Everything is fine. Nothing to see here. Drink deep from the Kool-Aid.
    http://wonderopolis.org/wp-content/u.../03/1425_3.jpg BJC

6000 YEPs and YEVs?Glory- is there a tally of how many pilots and or volunteers we had last year?Ted

Ted, I guess you are not going to get an answer !!. I myself would be intersested to know how many pilots have signed up with the new program. They had previously stated they had about 5000 pilots last year. Hello anybody Home !!!!!!

It seems clear that pilots must be flocking to the EAA programs just so they can have their backgrounds checked. Or maybe the quoted numbers aren't quite real.

-Cub Builder

It seems clear that pilots must be flocking to the EAA programs just so they can have their backgrounds checked.
    I already have a background check. If I make it payable to EAA I should be good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by vaflier View Post
    Ted, I guess you are not going to get an answer !!. I myself would be intersested to know how many pilots have signed up with the new program. They had previously stated they had about 5000 pilots last year. Hello anybody Home !!!!!!
    Still waiting 4 months for the answer to an email I sent to HQ about the program.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    Still waiting 4 months for the answer to an email I sent to HQ about the program.
    With everything that has been said and done over the past few months, it would be reasonable for you to send a new email and re-ask your question. If you feel pasonate about it, and there is nothing personal in it, you could copy it here so we can see what your are asking; otherwise, it probably should not be mentioned on this forum.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    With everything that has been said and done over the past few months, it would be reasonable for you to send a new email and re-ask your question. If you feel pasonate about it, and there is nothing personal in it, you could copy it here so we can see what your are asking; otherwise, it probably should not be mentioned on this forum.

BJC
    They claim to contact them if you have a question... I contacted them and they ignored it. So showing they are ignoring emails when they ask you to email them is very relevent to the conversation.

I say they ignored it since I sent it Jan 22nd and being almost Memorial Day now I have not gotten a reply.

But since you asked... Here ya go:
    January 22, 2016 7:24PM
    To: Feed Back <feedback@eaa.org>
    Cc: Bret Steffen <bsteffen@eaa.org>, Janine Diana <jdiana@eaa.org>
    Re: Young Eagles
    My data has been stolen from:
    1. The Office of Personnel Management (from a vendor)
    2. My company (from a vendor)
    3. My health care company

My wife's data has been stolen:
    1. With my data from OPM
    2. From a charity she worked for

Now, what is the EAA willing to do if my data is stolen from your vendor? You going to pay for my credit to be repaired? You going to handle the countless piles of paperwork and dealing with the credit bureaus? Is the EAA going to contact all the companies that think I owe them money and explain the situation?

Because if not, then I'll tell you that the chance you are going to get my SSN number is nothing.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S