Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waco M-F kit?

Waco M-F kit?

I came across this listing in the latest Kit Planes magazine. Looks interesting. Anyone know anything about this plane, the kit, the company? What's the scoop?

Name:  tfd-scan115.jpg
Views: 2208
Size:  85.1 KB

I looked in to this a couple of years ago because it keeps showing up on the KP kit directory. I don't know of any kits that have ever been produced, but it did go thru the kit certification process back in the mid 2000's and was approved. I called the phone number listed this morning, and it's a personal line, no mention of W.A.C.O kits...
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

I also recall a company that was making Waco Taperwing kits. Does anyone know what happened to that company? Are they still around?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Huff View Post
    I also recall a company that was making Waco Taperwing kits. Does anyone know what happened to that company? Are they still around?
    Probably Rare Aircraft in Minnesota. They will build you one, but I don't think they sell the kits anymore. www.rareaircraft.com Great folks that do incredible work.

Ernie

I happen to own the plane in the picture, the second one produced. Great plane! The kit was being produced by three individuals in Ohio. There was a falling out between the partners and one of the partners, Ben Bagnal, now owns the plans and all parts for the kits. I don't think he is currently producing kits. The last time I spoke with him he was looking to sell the rights to the airplane and all his parts to some one who would produce the kits. That is his cell phone number in Kit Planes.

Thanks for the info Michael. Good to know there are a few out there. Ben Bagnal was the name on the voice mail when I called this morning. Nice looking airplane!
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Thanks Chad. Ben tells me that there are three flying and he has enough parts to build another, with the exception of engine and prop. It's a fun airplane and will out perform a friends New WACO with the same engine and prop.

Good info! What a beautiful plane. I gotta think there would be a lot of interest in this design? I emailed the address in the posting, so I will let you know if I hear anything. Thanks, Tony

I looked back and EAA did an article on the planes in Sept. 2003. http://www.oshkosh365.org/saarchive/...2003_09_07.pdf
    If you would like further information.

Mike

If I remember correctly this is the company started by Mike Fisher after he sold the rights to his designs to the company in Edegely, North Dakota which became Fisher Flying Products. He used to have a spot at Airventure where I last saw him about 8 years ago.