Quote Originally Posted by kk6mm View Post
Our chapter has about 40 members. We sponsor monthly FAA safety seminars, 2 Young Eagles events a year, an airport open house/breakfast, etc. Our monthly meetings feature a dinner and a presentation. We'd like to get more young people involved. Any ideas on how to do this?
Thanks
I think about this everytime I attend a meeting and Im the youngest person there at 49.

Has anyone here or at EAA for that matter ever gone online and tried to: A. Find the local chapter and B. Find their meeting schedule?

I have, and it always takes about 10 clicks and 10+ minutes, and even then I am usually directed to an abondoned, outdated web page. Common wisdom is that if you can't get there in three clicks they won't bother.

I understand that most of us are not as web savvy as we need to be, but EAA needs to step up with a uniform, easy to update web platform that every chapter can use. (how about an interactive map).

Take the challenge, start at EAA.org and see how long it takes to find a chapter/meeting.

Lastly, meetings on Friday nights?? Really?? And you wonder why no younger people are showing up?

Thanks for the ear and fly safe-