Thread: Waiting on FAA aircraft registration

Waiting on FAA aircraft registration

It’s a long wait to have my aircraft registration renewed. I dropped my USPS mail box in 2014 and forgot that my aircraft registration address was to this P.O. Box. When my registration expired last October, I didn’t receive a notice from the FAA to alert me of the expiration because forwarding had elapsed. While at SunNfun in April, I went to the FAA booth to discover that my registration had expired.

They were sorry but couldn’t help me other than to suggest that I mail a new form to Oklahoma. They claimed it would probably take around 24 days to process the request. I called today to find out that they had received my form and money on the 13th of April. However, they were processing forms received as of the 21th of March. So, my form would not be processed for several more weeks.

They stated that all forms are processed in order received and that UAV registrations are included in this process. I understand that it is my fault for the laps of registration but I am a little upset that UAV (toy) registrations can delay an aircraft registration.

UAV registration and aircraft registration should not be handled by the same group. A toy should not come before something that is not a toy. Even if said toy is used to take pics of some field. But I would expect no less from our government. This sound right to me.

Tony

The aircraft registration renewal is a complete idiocy. It's worse than any state DMV has been in twenty years. The FAA has no clue about customer service or computers. You'll have to wait.

I think you may misunderstood. I don't thing the mass "toy" UAV registration affects you. That's entirely done by a equally poorly implemented online system. I applied and got mine back untouched seemingly by human hands in a few hours. I think they're referring to some "heavier" UAV registrations (more in line with a normal aircraft).

I discovered today by logging into the FAA site that they completed the paperwork yesterday. Now, all I have to do is wait on the US mail to deliver the papers. I may yet get to fly the Cub this weekend!