Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proposed Rules changes what does it mean for us Sport Pilots

Quote Originally Posted by wallda View Post
    Ron, when did your last medical expire? The proposed changes don't reference the issuance date. If your last medical was still valid 10 years before the date the law is signed, you should be able to fly PPL or higher without another medical.
    Expired in 2005. JUST in time for Sport Pilot. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Expired in 2005. JUST in time for Sport Pilot. :-)

Ron Wanttaja
    Sorry Ron, that is a bummer. I may be in a similar position depending on when this passes. Plus my father's last medical was older than yours so he is limited to sport pilot as well.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh

I hope to join Ron, just ordered a set of Flybaby plans from him

might be a bit of a long flight at 80 mph though.

Bill H.

now i get it, i can move up to the Private License, and fly more aircraft. it just reduces the costs associated with the Medicals, etc. i had heard from a friend it cost him about 6000 a year to keep current with all the medical and other testing needed, he has multi engines, and owns several aircraft though.

Robert

I have a similar question regarding the new law. A private pilot whose last medical was passed in 2004, who has been flying as a light sport pilot in an LSA aircraft but he wishes to take the one-time medical so he can fly Cessna 150's, what would happen? If he fails the medical, could he return to just flying LSA, or does he lose that privilege as well by taking that medical? We were discussing this question sitting around the hanger yesterday and no one seemed to know. Can someone help?

Quote Originally Posted by wbras View Post
    I have a similar question regarding the new law. A private pilot whose last medical was passed in 2004, who has been flying as a light sport pilot in an LSA aircraft but he wishes to take the one-time medical so he can fly Cessna 150's, what would happen? If he fails the medical, could he return to just flying LSA, or does he lose that privilege as well by taking that medical? We were discussing this question sitting around the hanger yesterday and no one seemed to know. Can someone help?
    It is my understanding that if you have the medical denied you no longer are able to fly as a sport pilot.
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh