Does anybody have information on interfacing a Lynx Micro System?

I'm going to be doing some flying in a plane that has this system. Actually I already flew it today, and found the helmet/headset uncomfortable. I'd like to use my own Comtronics helmet, which has a different (1/4") round plug. Now Lynx sells this adapter, of course, but I'm not going to spend $240 for something I'm only going to use a couple of times. Lynx uses a quarter turn multi pin locking plug, and I'm sure their expensive box is nothing but a wiring interface, so I just need the pinouts and a spec for the plug, which I'm sure is something standard (if not aviation standard).

It's an odd situation... I was asked to ferry a new Quicksilver about 50 miles, because the instructor who's going to check out the new owner doesn't have enough recent time in type to make the insurance company happy and I do. I did this today (it was a long cold flight!). Next, even though I'm not a CFI, I have to check out the CFI for 3 hours in the plane, so he can instruct his student in it. At the same time that I'm checking out the CFI, he'll give me my biennial (since only the insurance company has a problem with it; he's legally qualified to instruct in it) and possibly log it as dual instruction for my own CFI-SP checkride.

Dana