Thread: Thorp T-18 with a V-tail?

Thorp T-18 with a V-tail?

Way back when, I seem to recall seeing an article in Sport Aviation (maybe it was another mag, but I doubt it) about a Thorp T-18 with a V-tail. I want to say it was green and the plane had the moniker "Green Apple" or something to that effect.

I've searched the archives for various combinations of searches and come up with nothing. Is there any change someone recalls this or could help me find the article or pictures?

Bill in GA

Quote Originally Posted by billyvray View Post
    Way back when, I seem to recall seeing an article in Sport Aviation (maybe it was another mag, but I doubt it) about a Thorp T-18 with a V-tail. I want to say it was green and the plane had the moniker "Green Apple" or something to that effect.

I've searched the archives for various combinations of searches and come up with nothing. Is there any change someone recalls this or could help me find the article or pictures?

Bill in GA
    The n- number is N23GA if that will help. It's a lot more than a T-18 with a V tail. The official designator is Greenapples AT 19
    Last edited by martymayes; 04-29-2016 at 05:14 PM.

This excerpt (attached) from the T-18 Newsletter should help.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Matthew Long, Editor
    cluttonfred.info
    A site for builders, owners and fans of Eric Clutton's FRED
    and other safe, simple, affordable homebuilt aircraft

Blowing the dust off and Cracking this one open... I heard it was extensively modded... anyone have any ideas aside from the newsletter what mods? Was it the wide body? Performance?
    Which sport aviation was it in?

The forum won't allow me to upload a screeshot... says the file is too big, is that a joke? Anyway here is a link.

https://abpic.co.uk/pictures/view/1111359