Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would You Participate In This Type of Flight Review?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Would You Participate In This Type of Flight Review?

If there was an advanced, voluntary bi-annual flight review with a comprehensive syllabus and 6 hours of training, would you participate?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    If there was an advanced, voluntary bi-annual flight review with a comprehensive syllabus and 6 hours of training, would you participate?
    How about a little more information on what you are talking about, maybe then people can respond with a more educated answer.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    How about a little more information on what you are talking about, maybe then people can respond with a more educated answer.
    Glenn, since now it is still a hypothetical question ;-), think about it as an airline style program but geared for GA. Program with a syllabus where you come in and PRACTICE all critical aspects of flying including potential emergencies so when you encounter something you already have a "script" in your mind you can execute flawlessly without thinking. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    If there was an ]advanced, voluntary bi-annual flight review with comprehensive syllabus and 6 hours of training, would you participate?
    An advanced, twice a year flight review with a comprehensive syllabus and 12 hrs of training per yr (is that 12 hrs of flight training?)

Since that averages out to 1 hr per month, if the syllabus was individually tailored it would certainly benefit some but those that need it the most would likely not participate. I probably would not participate either.
    Last edited by martymayes; 04-20-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Hmm. I must be one of those that needs it most as I wouldn't participate.

I usually look for a young CFI that needs a learning experience for my BFR. We do the required reviews and airwork. Then we go do some really slow SuperCub flying with windows and door open while I introduce them to the rudder and how it's supposed to work. Next up we learn to use the rudder and tailwheel combination and why it wants to roll out backwards. Then they usually ask how much they owe and when can they fly with me again.

-Cub Builder

Glenn. Sorry I missed you at Cactus. One of my friends had your card and had been talking to you. Was in the KR that weekend. Maybe I'll catch you at Copperstate. I'll be in the SuperCub that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    An advanced, twice a year flight review with a comprehensive syllabus and 12 hrs of training per yr (is that 12 hrs of flight training?)
    Marty, just to clarify - bi-annual means every two years and it would cover your required flight review. You do those? ;-)) I hope :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Radek.cfi View Post
    Marty, just to clarify - bi-annual means every two years and it would cover your required flight review. You do those? ;-)) I hope :-)
    http://www.writersdigest.com/editor-...al-vs-biennial

Folks, keep in mind the Forum this is posted in: "IMC Club." I don't think the suggestion is a six-hour flight review in your Pietenpol, unless you've got a REALLY nice Piet....

Ron Wanttaja

No, neither bi-annual nor biennial.
    Regards,
    Greg Young
    1950 Navion N5221K
    RV-6 N6GY - first flight 5/16/2021
    1940 Rearwin Cloudster in work
    4 L-2 projects on deck

Quote Originally Posted by Radek.cfi View Post
    I think the word that means every two yrs is spelled "biennial" and no, I don't do those as I comply with the FAR through other means.