Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would You Participate In This Type of Flight Review?

No, neither bi-annual nor biennial.
    Regards,
    Greg Young
    1950 Navion N5221K
    RV-6 N6GY - first flight 5/16/2021
    1940 Rearwin Cloudster in work
    4 L-2 projects on deck

Quote Originally Posted by Radek.cfi View Post
    Marty, just to clarify - bi-annual means every two years and it would cover your required flight review. You do those? ;-)) I hope :-)
    I think the word that means every two yrs is spelled "biennial" and no, I don't do those as I comply with the FAR through other means.

rather then sitting for an hour listening to a (many times a very good) lecture and then going to do few stalls (many times not even a full stalls ;-))
    If that is your summary of a flight review, perhaps the CFI's are the ones that need training.

Most pilots do not like having their skills evaluated which seems to be the obstacle in any proficiency program. If you can remove that threat, then I think you'll have a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    If that is your summary of a flight review, perhaps the CFI's are the ones that need training.

Most pilots do not like having their skills evaluated which seems to be the obstacle in any proficiency program. If you can remove that threat, then I think you'll have a winner.
    I have been a CFI since long before BFRs / FRs were required and while people may cuss me and the "NEW" program for FRs, I have had to refuse to sign only three BFRs/FRs since it started in '73. Also it has always been funny for (even CFIs) to call 'em biannuals. That's my 0.02 cents worth.

I was "dreaming" more about something like a Flight Safety, airline or military style exercise rather then sitting for an hour listening to a (many times a very good) lecture and then going to do few stalls (many times not even a full stalls ;-))
    Have you been near the wings program in the last ten years?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Have you been near the wings program in the last ten years?

Yes, not super impressed. Earned the basic wings and it pretty much did nothing for me.
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S