Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Airventure app

The LiveATC app does (did) cost a few bucks, but it works flawlessly. Worth the investment, imo. And I rarely pay for apps.
    Last edited by Low Pass; 07-11-2016 at 09:09 AM.
    Bryan

Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Low Pass View Post
    The LiveATC app does (did) cost a few bucks, but it works flawlessly. Worth the investment, imo. And I rarely pay for apps.
    I completely agree with Bryan. I rarely pay for apps, but this one is worth the couple of bucks. I NEVER had an issue with the app or the feeds on my ipad or phone.
    Rick

Cool, I am in the same boat. I think I have paid for one app in my life, but will gladly pay for this if it works. Thanks guys.

FYI,
    I did use the browser in my phone and linked directly to the LiveAtc website and it worked fine as well. Being older and my eyes not what they used to be I found the app easier to use.
    Rick

Awwww....so now we know who's hogging all the Wifi bandwidth on the Oshkosh grounds! You streaming LiveATC folks!
    We keep a handheld scanner and radio going with all the OSH freqs scanning while we're at our campsite. Some folks discourage that as morons have been known to accidentally transmit but it's easy enough to lock out transmit on most radios these days.
    Brock
    C172H | Central IL
    EAA #1001980

I've noticed that the app still has 2014 locations shown for ice, bathrooms etc adjacent to HBC. Did these just not get updated in the past 2 years?

Also, I still haven't figured out where the vendor list is. Am I just missing something obvious here?

Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by CivEngPE View Post
    I've noticed that the app still has 2014 locations shown for ice, bathrooms etc adjacent to HBC. Did these just not get updated in the past 2 years?

Also, I still haven't figured out where the vendor list is. Am I just missing something obvious here?

Shannon
    Passing along this feedback - thanks!

I have occasionally used LiveATC at OSH, but my handheld's volume is better, and its battery lasts much longer, measured in days vs. hours for my iPhone. Being able to listen, regardless of method, definitely adds a certain dimension to the OSH experience.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

Quote Originally Posted by CivEngPE View Post

Shannon

I'm going to leave the ice/bathroom location hunt for Glory, but I was curious about the vendor list and figured that one out. It wasn't on the app for me either, but I went to the preferences section and updated the content, and then it was there under the Attractions tab. Section is titled Exhibitors.

Hope that helps!
    Eric Cernjar, EAA # 1133654

Interesting. I don't use my tablet very much, but I just pulled it out of my laptop case to download the new app, and last year's app had updated itself to the new one without my noticing. Now I just need to spend a little time refreshing my memory on how to use it.
    Thanks, guys!

Dave