Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airventure app

I downloaded the app yesterday, turned it on, and right away it said that it needed to be updated! So I pressed "update", and it locked up while updating. As Yogi Bear said, "deja vu all over again". But today, it seems to be working. Time will tell if it continues to work.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

I have a Samsung galaxy tab4. The app downloaded smoothly and it is working very nicely. Is there a way to listen to tower or ground frequencies on a tablet?

I'm just now downloading the app. You know what would be awesome? Being able to log in with my EAA creds and sync the event itinerary that I've already created from the web site. That would be awesome. Maybe it does :-)
    Christopher Owens (EAA #808438, VAA #723276)
    Germantown, WI
    Bearhawk Plans #991, Bearhawk Patrol Plans #P313

Alas Chris, it does not. I wish it did. I asked them to add this functionality but they have not. Many of us use the website to plan our week, as doing so on a phone is cumbersome. Having it sync up would be handy and, frankly, standard functionality of this type of app. Hence my frustration.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RC Gregg View Post
    I have a Samsung galaxy tab4. The app downloaded smoothly and it is working very nicely. Is there a way to listen to tower or ground frequencies on a tablet?
    Im not sure about a tablet, but there are certainly apps for your cell phone that allow you to listen to tower communications. I did this last year as I didnt have my handheld with me.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Gregg View Post
    See if the LiveATC app is available for your tablet. Shows 8 KOSH frequencies (some only used during the show), and hundreds of airports all around the world. Works well on the iPad.

Mike E

Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    Im not sure about a tablet, but there are certainly apps for your cell phone that allow you to listen to tower communications. I did this last year as I didnt have my handheld with me.
    Edit - the app that Mike E mentioned (liveatc) is the one I used last year....it's a great app!

Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    Edit - the app that Mike E mentioned (liveatc) is the one I used last year....it's a great app!
    +1. I used it the entire time, I never had an issue.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    See if the LiveATC app is available for your tablet. Shows 8 KOSH frequencies (some only used during the show), and hundreds of airports all around the world. Works well on the iPad.

Mike E
    Thanks. I will check google play for this app.

Is the 3.99 version of Live ATC the one I want? I carried an airband radio for years, and have listened to Live ATC on the web for years free on my PC. Never thought of looking for an app.