Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thank You EAA Volunteers!

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    .... How far we've fallen as a society when someone cannot give thanks without being attacked or questioned for it. I am honestly grateful for the volunteers I've had the honor of working with, and I am not ashamed to say so. If this lands me in hot water, so be it. I have no hidden agenda. No one put me up to this. I care about the people of this organization. Simple as that. IF I didn't, I wouldn't have stayed on for the last 14 years and I sure as heck wouldn't have become a lifetime member. I believe in this family that Paul started and I'm damned proud to be a part of it, warts and all. I'll stand by my statements and again I say, thank you, THANK YOU, for all that you do.
    Yeah. I get it. You are saying thanks, and your intentions are golden. However, the issue is how far the EAA has fallen, not how far society has fallen. And it is a very sore subject with many members, as well as many of us former volunteers that feel like the EAA Staff, of which you are a part, is running us off. Once upon a time, this was my organization and I have invested thousands of hours and thousands of $$ to help build it. In January, it was snatched away and now is an organization run by and for the staff. Well stated by Wallda as he would just as soon those of us that disagree or feel disenfranchised go away. I intend to comply with his wishes.

-Cub Builder

Zack, I have been rather vocal about the background checks but I can still apreciate a genuine compliment. Thank you for the thought and for what you do for aviation. I do believe you are one of the good guys. Again thanks.
    Randy

You are welcome Zack. Feels very good to give a little back.

And as for you curmudgeons, lighten up! LOL. Just kidding. You may resume!!

Thank you, too, Zack. And while the implementation of the YPP may not have been perfect, I think you and the rest of the EAA staff are doing a good job. Don't let a vocal few get you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark van Wyk View Post
    Thank you, too, Zack. And while the implementation of the YPP may not have been perfect, I think you and the rest of the EAA staff are doing a good job. Don't let a vocal few get you down.
    I think the EAA staff do a great job, I think most of the issues that frustrate the members is due to the current leadership team. I am sure 99% of those on the YPP discussions will agree with me.

rvmike
    Deleting post's shows how honest EAA has become. I guess I should say thanks for NOT
    letting us speak as VOLUNTEERS.
    Last edited by rvmike; 04-20-2016 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rvmike View Post
    Deleting post's shows how honest EAA has become
    What post was removed? IF something was removed, it was NOT by me. IF you are referring to your post about resumes and background checks, it's still right there on page 1 of this thread.

rvmike
    The post about the ankle brac e on page 50 of the current SA

Never saw it.

Actually I am with RVMIKE on this one. I replied to his question about the ankle bracelet saying it was an ankle brace. (My reply was a bit snarky, maybe it was removed)
    “It's the greatest shot of adrenaline to be doing what you have wanted to do so badly. You almost feel like you could fly without a plane.”

-Charles Lindbergh