Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank You EAA Volunteers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank You EAA Volunteers!

April 10-16 marks National Volunteer Week (https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...teer-week-2016). Volunteers are the heart and soul of this organization. It is you, the volunteer, who carries on Paul Poberezny's torch spreading the gospel of aviation. On behalf of all of us at EAA HQs - THANK YOU!!!!

"Dedicated hearts like yours
    are not easy to find.
    It takes a special person to be
    so generous and kind.

To care so much for your fellow man (and woman)
    Is a quality all too rare.
    Yet you give of your time and talents,
    For all in need to share.

So thank you for being a volunteer,
    We're privileged to work with you.
    We want you to know how appreciated you are,
    Not just today, but the whole year through."

rvmike
    So why are you driving us away?
    Last edited by rvmike; 04-12-2016 at 09:10 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by rvmike View Post
    So why are driving us away?
    Kind of what I was thinking. Thank you Volunteers, but we now consider you to be perverts unless you prove otherwise.

So why are driving us away?
    +1

No good deed goes unpunished, does it?
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

So why are you driving us away?
    Possibly the best reply that has ever been posted on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    Volunteers are the heart and soul of this organization. It is you, the volunteer, who carries on Paul Poberezny's torch spreading the gospel of aviation.
    Something Jack Pelton and his gang of cronies seems to have forgotten.

Banned
    Zack, it is said that in life, timing is everything. Yours is awful or whoever asked you to post this. You had to know that any posting about EAA volunteerism at this time would elicit these types of replies. And if you didn't know, you should have known. The members are angry, asking them to eat cake is adding insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Zack, it is said that in life, timing is everything. Yours is awful or whoever asked you to post this. You had to know that any posting about EAA volunteerism at this time would elicit these types of replies. And if you didn't know, you should have known. The members are angry, asking them to eat cake is adding insult to injury.
    People need to quit imagining insult where there simply isn't any. How far we've fallen as a society when someone cannot give thanks without being attacked or questioned for it. I am honestly grateful for the volunteers I've had the honor of working with, and I am not ashamed to say so. If this lands me in hot water, so be it. I have no hidden agenda. No one put me up to this. I care about the people of this organization. Simple as that. IF I didn't, I wouldn't have stayed on for the last 14 years and I sure as heck wouldn't have become a lifetime member. I believe in this family that Paul started and I'm damned proud to be a part of it, warts and all. I'll stand by my statements and again I say, thank you, THANK YOU, for all that you do.

rvmike
    Are replies now being deleted?. I stated that Jack had Issues with his resume and they want us to do background checks, REALLY? If you want to delete this post also it shows who you guys really are!!