Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm looking for other builders of sailplanes/gliders, Woodstock 13M or others

I'm very new to all this. I just picked-up a Woodstock 12M project that has sat for 10 years. The previous builder did a great job as far as I can tell. I'll have it checked out before I continue with his work. I was just looking for plans when I found this aircraft, so it's a big head start. I'd like to get 13M plans, too.

Tim, look the web site: www.piumaproject.com for a light ULM motorglider
    ; 3 one side and one 2 sides are available from plans; I fly the original Piuma since 20 years ago.

................. Not sure but I think Sonex has a long-wing motorglider version which could be built from plans.

The Xenos motorglider from Sonex can be built from a kit. There are 8 currently flying worldwide. Check their website @ www.sonexaircraft.com

Cherokee Plans, I think one of the Vintage Soaring Association members might have some. You could try contacting them at VSA.com.

Esa!

The Experimental Soaring Association - nee Sailplane Homebuilder's Association - is THE place to be!:

http://esoaring.com

another possible glider

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Thanks for responing to my question. I have read a few flights tests and build reports for the 12m wing Woodstock do you have any knowledge of the 13m flying qualities. The 12m is favorablly compared to the 1 26. The carbon fiber spars don't look too difficult to build. I have coresponded with a builder of the 13m but he hasn't flown yet; his project looks about 90% done. I have composite and wood experience from boat building; aircraft are just alot lighter. It took me about three years to track down the plans and acquire them. Do you know of any other glider, motor glider palns that are avaiable
    <BR><BR><BR>

There is another higher performance sailplane called a BG12-16. It is all wood and was designed by Gus Briglibe (spelling). It is more difficult to build than the woodstock, but a very nice looking plane. The spars are difficult to build and there are a lot of scarff joints but the L/D is over 30 so that makes it worth it.
    Rotorheadjack

Cherokee Plans

I found a set of Cherokee plans for sale on Barnstormers.com last year. Nobody seems to be selling plan sets for this glider these days, I was looking for a long time. Very simple construction other than the spar plates of the integral center section.
    Glad I found them.

You can contact Charlie Summers from the Black Hills Soaring Club, he restored a schweizer glider. The soaring website is down, but ill see if i an pm you his email.
    Olan Rom: 14 & Aspiring Pilot

In the 70s there was a dentist in Monrow Ga who had a partialy completed one and the plans.

my wife and I have a couple Cherokee II's...http://cherokeesailplanes.blogspot.com