Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Flying Lessons

All - Please stay on topic with this thread.

See attached for a refresher of the EAA Forum Rules: http://eaaforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules

Thank you,
    Glory

Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    We now return you to your previous forum discussion on Free Flying Lessons.

BJC
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    All - Please stay on topic with this thread.

See attached for a refresher of the EAA Forum Rules: http://eaaforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules

Thank you,
    Glory
    I am not the one who took this off topic. Please do not point to me as doing this. I tried a couple times to go back on topic. But I am done with this nonsense anyway. We had a hateful person come along and call names and accuse another member of some nasty things. For what reason? If this person had something to say they did not need to call names. They broke all sorts of member rules here. My comment was neither negative or positive towards any group. Because this person got their panties in a bunch look what it has caused. Just like what this kind of actions causes in this country. While we do have freedom of speech. that freedom does not give you the right to attack someone like that happened to me.

As to reduced anything. Its time we all pay our share unless you are not an able body person. Then others can step up and help, and should.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I am not the one who took this off topic. Please do not point to me as doing this. I tried a couple times to go back on topic. But I am done with this nonsense anyway. We had a hateful person come along and call names and accuse another member of some nasty things. For what reason? If this person had something to say they did not need to call names. They broke all sorts of member rules here. My comment was neither negative or positive towards any group. Because this person got their panties in a bunch look what it has caused. Just like what this kind of actions causes in this country. While we do have freedom of speech. that freedom does not give you the right to attack someone like that happened to me.

As to reduced anything. Its time we all pay our share unless you are not an able body person. Then others can step up and help, and should.

Tony
    My message was directed to everyone on this thread.

Thank you.

This thread shows the problem in aviation today. But it's not just aviation that this type of thing is taking place. If things keep going the way they are in aviation and most everything else, the only way a CFi will do any training is if said lessons are free.

To Hillery and the Trump, may the best man win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    This comment was written by a person who has tried to book a sport pilot practical exam with an FAA examiner, perhaps?
    I have most all of my ratings and cringe when I see what todays students must pay. I encourage my students to bug the FAA about check rides but they give up too easily.

Did you pay $2.00 for your plastic certificate? I got mine with no charge. Thanks FAA. Did your "good forever" aircraft registration expire? Too bad. Can you guess why the aviation industry is in decline?

Last month I visited the FAA Regional Office and picked up a 2014 calendar "at no cost to me". There was a more than adequate supply on the shelf. Also, I got a few copies of the FAA Safety rag. Plenty of money for crap like that but try and get somebody to do their mandated function and good luck with that. Any wonder there are so many planes and pilots with outdated paperwork? Nobody answers the phone. They do 20 minutes of work (renew a CFI certificate) twice a day at most. And yes, the CFI I was issued in 1968 never expired when issued. Now it costs $500 every two years.

My pilot "Yoda" friend walked into the Region Office many years ago to renew his long expired CFI cause he "started getting to many students for spin training" and was ridiculed for how long the "New Renewable Certificate" had been mandated. He walked out of the office with his old certificate after remarking that he "did not have a certificate when he started flying and he would not have a certificate when he quit flying and he didn't see any reason to get one now". He had built and flown some unique aircraft before there was such a thing as an ultralight. Most were well ahead of their time.

Hope 103 lasts a few more years. More info available on request.
    Last edited by jedi; 05-01-2016 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Aadditional venting.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    This thread shows the problem in aviation today. But it's not just aviation that this type of thing is taking place. If things keep going the way they are in aviation and most everything else, the only way a CFi will do any training is if said lessons are free.
    Can a CFI with a commercial certificate provide free flight training but charge for expenses. I know the FAA lets a private pilot "share expenses" as would be required without the commercial certificate? I would like to charge for travel expenses. I do not see how that would require a commercial certificate and second class (current) FAA physical. Opinions? Comments? Complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    Now it costs $500 every two years.
    Who am I supposed to be paying the $500 to every two years? I just renewed my CFI in January and didn't pay anything. I need to find out where to mail the check.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Who am I supposed to be paying the $500 to every two years? I just renewed my CFI in January and didn't pay anything. I need to find out where to mail the check.
    Please mail the check to:
    wyoranch
    state of Wyoming
    U.S.A
    trust me the mailman will find me!
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    Please mail the check to:
    wyoranch
    state of Wyoming
    U.S.A
    trust me the mailman will find me!
    Rick
    Check's in the mail Rick ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    To me. I will PM the address!!