Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Free Flying Lessons

Quote Originally Posted by VFR-on-top View Post
    You said: "You would need to remove the kick stand first."

Also, her name is Caitlyn.

I'm not the forum police, but I am a paying member of the EAA just as you are. If you're going to mock trans people (or any marginalized populations), you don't get to do it here. (EAA forum rules re: what you cannot do: Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information

The "kickstand" comment contributes to further marginalizing of trans people who are already physically assaulted and murdered because an ugly element of society has "normalized" joking about trans people.

Secondly, the "kickstand" comment is factually incorrect. Not all trans people have their genitals changes. Some cannot afford the surgery, others are medically unable to have the surgery. Other trans people are intersexed -- born with vague genitals or both, There are about 23 types (variations of XY and extra chromosomes) of intersex people. Many of whom, the doctor attending their birth, choose a gender for them based wholly on a guess that leads to tragic consequences later in life. Intersex people are quite common and are flyers as well. Most certainly a number of them are members of the EAA and are likely posting in this forum.

So when you refer to Caitlyn as "Bruce" and make mocking comments like "kickstands", you are silently stabbing them in heart and twisting the blade.

If one wants to make a point about women and free education, it can be done without mocking trans people (or any other marginalized population).

Good day.
    Say what you want. It does not give you the right to attack me and call me names. I gave an opinion. You turned that comment into hate. We have a thing called freedom of speech. If you do not like what someone says, it does not give you the right to attack said someone.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Say what you want.
    You asked me to show you where you made the joke, and now you're dodging your own question.

It does not give you the right to attack me and call me names. I gave an opinion. You turned that comment into hate. We have a thing called freedom of speech. If you do not like what someone says, it does not give you the right to attack said someone.

Tony

"Opinion" or not, you have no freedom of speech here. You have to comply with the EAA's TOS re: forum use. Hate "opinions" on matters such as race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and so on, don't belong in public forums such as this one. To continue to argue that deliberate misgendering and "kickstand" joking is "free speech" and/or "opinions" is an insult to those who have to enforce the EAA's TOS. This is an airplane forum. Please move on.

You asked me to show you where you made the joke, and now you're dodging your own question.

"Opinion" or not, you have no freedom of speech here. You have to comply with the EAA's TOS re: forum use. Hate "opinions" on matters such as race, religion, gender, sexual orientation and so on, don't belong in public forums such as this one. To continue to argue that deliberate misgendering and "kickstand" joking is "free speech" and/or "opinions" is an insult to those who have to enforce the EAA's TOS. This is an airplane forum. Please move on.
    So do you. Like I said you have more hate in your post then in any post I made. Stop the hating. You have a problem and it's not me. I do not agree with your opinion. Nor do I agree with your level of hate. You could have made your point without resorting to name calling and attacking. But as the world can see from your post you like to attack and call names. You are full of hate.

Tony

P.S. My post was aviation related thank you very much..Good Day
    Last edited by 1600vw; 04-25-2016 at 04:23 AM.

You want free aviation or reduced aviation, women seem to have done it. But it's only a club for women. I don't believe they except anyone with male parts no matter what you call yourself.

Tony

You want free aviation or reduced aviation, women seem to have done it. But it's only a club for women. I don't believe they except anyone with male parts no matter what you call yourself.

Tony
    An aircraft is a machine that doesn't care about the gender, race, or even humanity (think autonomous flight) of the control manipulator. I deeply believe it's way past time for removing most special programs from the airfield. We've done more than most. One aerobatics champion. One fastest. Keep going. No "first all-fill-in-the-blank" crew. No scholarships for green hair or no genitals, etc. Scholarship, effort, accomplishments. Treat all people as people. (No, don't allow computer controlled vehicles to compete against humans. I know the legend of John Henry. But do allow their human owners to compete with each other.) Aviation is a pass/fail course. Injecting political correctness may cause uncontrolled bleeding.
    Last edited by Mike M; 04-25-2016 at 05:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike M View Post
    An aircraft is a machine that doesn't care about the gender, race, or even humanity (think autonomous flight) of the control manipulator. I deeply believe it's way past time for removing most special programs from the airfield. We've done more than most. One aerobatics champion. One fastest. Keep going. No "first all-fill-in-the-blank" crew. No scholarships for green hair or no genitals, etc. Scholarship, effort, accomplishments. Treat all people as people. (No, don't allow computer controlled vehicles to compete against humans. I know the legend of John Henry. But do allow their human owners to compete with each other.) Aviation is a pass/fail course. Injecting political correctness may cause uncontrolled bleeding.
    I believe a lot of true blue American's feel this way. Political correctness is killing this country. Watch what you say or someone may get their panties in a bunch. Then call you all sorts of hateful names all in the name of political correctness. They can even attack you and no one will say a word. Why..Political correctness.

If we let this into aviation it will kill aviation as it's killing this country.

Tony

. . .
    A lot of projection and no response to the answer to your own question. OK. Carry on.

A lot of projection and no response to the answer to your own question. OK. Carry on.
    I never asked a question. I made a comment and you started hating and never stopped.

Good day

Byron J. Covey
    I never asked a question. I made a comment and you started hating and never stopped.

Good day
    We now return you to your previous forum discussion on Free Flying Lessons.

BJC

This is really pretty silly. >>Truth is the FAA is responsible for issuing pilot certificates and can not, by law, charge for their services. << Yes the FAA issues pilot licences, it does not do pilot training, never was intended to do that, nor was it ever promised.

Bill H.