Thread: What is divisional chapters?

What is divisional chapters?

I see if one wants to start a chapter one must have 10 members unless its a divisional Chapter. What is the difference between these two chapters? I am wanting to start a chapter after a local chapter stopped doing anything aviation. I would like to change this.

Tony

{ Quote from eaa }
    All you need to start is enthusiasm, an interest in aviation, and the desire to share this interest with other people in your community. Bring together 10 interested recreational aviation enthusiasts who are either current EAA members or ready to join EAA. For divisional chapters, you only need five members.

A divisional chapter is something limited to a division of the EAA: Vintage, IAC, Warbird, etc.. rather than a general EAA membership chapter.

For example, we have a local Vintage chapter here.
    Last edited by FlyingRon; 09-15-2016 at 06:02 AM.

So not every chapter is a divisional chapter. If I start a chapter for say Ultralights or 1/2 vw engines, then I can start this chapter as a divisional chapter with a min. of 5 members? If this is correct I am filling out the forums as we speak. They will go in the mail tomorrow.

Thanks Ron for the comment or info.
    Tony

I will start an Ultralight and or Experimental chapter so this will be a Divisional Chapter.