Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Youth Protection Policy

'There" is the actual agreement on the actual sight-off page when you actually do the background check. The other materials were intended as informational/advisory. Hope that helps, if you have questions let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    By the way, configuration management of any document can be a nightmare when you publish it in differing locations in differing formats. Publish it in ONE place, in ONE format. That way, when it changes, updating is easy.

Ron Wanttaja
    We tried that one at the start Ron, which is a large part of what confused and angered folks, so we had to split the policy and have three places where much of the language lives. Best intentions and all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bret Steffen View Post
    'There" is the actual agreement on the actual sight-off page when you actually do the background check. The other materials were intended as informational/advisory. Hope that helps, if you have questions let me know.
    Umm....you cannot find out what the policy says, unless you start the background check? This seems...a bit like a pig in a poke. Since another company is handling the background check does this mean that the official EAA policy is *not* available on an EAA web site? Considering the controversy about the program, that's bizarre.

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 05-12-2016 at 02:02 PM.

We tried that one at the start Ron, which is a large part of what confused and angered folks, so we had to split the policy and have three places where much of the language lives. Best intentions and all...
    Splitting the policy into three pieces is fine, as they're referring to three different circumstances. I'm referring to ONE of the pieces (the YE one) being available both in an HTML version and a PDF version.. When it gets updated, one has to ensure both versions reflect the same text.

And....the true *official* version isn't even on an EAA-controlled location. Hmmmm.....

Ron Wanttaja

So it is better to have three places for info and the one claimed to be "correct" is only on a third party website and only AFTER you have started the process?
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    So it is better to have three places for info and the one claimed to be "correct" is only on a third party website and only AFTER you have started the process?
    Not only that, but EAA *disavows* the versions on their own web page.

If it's wrong, TAKE IT DOWN and provide a link to the true version. Better still, the Background Check company should give a link the true version ON THE EAA WEB PAGE instead of having their own local version.

Ron Wanttaja

'There" is the actual agreement on the actual sight-off page when you actually do the background check.
    Is that kind of like, "We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it?"
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

Yeah, it's just a further indication of how much of a half-assed and ill-planned effort the EAA gives. It's such a half-assed cavalier approach that causes the problems that this is trying to solve to begin with. My wife, a professional in the aviation industry (she's the education department for the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum and a school teacher by training), came up to me yesterday and asked "what the **** is going on with the EAA. The crap is rolling down from Oshkosh all over the aviation community and the EAA rather than smelling like roses for protecting children is smelling like ****

It's going to take a concerted effort rather than the pathetic lip service response to keep support for the EAA from running like droves because they look like either a bunch of pathetic idiots or outright dishonest liars with their current behavior. Neither is really something anyone should aspire to.

Gents -- no the policy is the policy -- it is in PDF and web text. The sign off on the background check that I was referring to is the sign off -- not the policy. Sorry for your confusion on this.

Up until last night I thought I understood. Now I am confused. Where is the statement that limits the background check?
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com