Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it PNC?

Quote Originally Posted by scottf View Post
    Uhhh.... no... ANV!!!!
    Yeah, that too.

Well, Scott, I guess we need to figure out how to get EAA and others to request more of the ARC Appendix G (including ANV/PNC) into the response to the NPRM.

Ted

I am reminded by some scriveners on the Red Board that the Fed's new draft policy on NonRequired Safety Enhancing Equipment (NORSEE) opens a path to notable items such as non certificated Autopilots and Attitude Indicators.

I would be be much more confident that this Part 23 NPRM will allow me to do more than limit me to istalling a USB Power Outlet had the NPRM included the same language that is in the draft NORSEE policy. IM<HO, that needs to be a goal of EAA and the Recreational community to ensure the Final Rule includes that language to that we clearly have a path to noble equipment, not just power outlets.

A more fundamental question for EAA is "if I can take a certificated engine or prop to use in experimental, then why isn't there a path whereby I can start with a certificated aircraft and take it into experimental category by making minor modifications to it?" EAA today embraces not only the pure aircraft designer and homebuilder, but kits built, factory built LSA, and older certificated aircraft in Vintage. There ought to be a path shy of creating a new serial number where one could make modifications to an existing aircraft, enter Phase I (if warranted) and come away with a modified aircraft acceptable for personal use.

The Appendix G4 proposal (called PNC or ANV) from the ARC provided that. That clearly seems to fall into EAA's world. How do we get that included in the Final Rule?

PNC/ANV had a provision that looked attractive to certificated aircraft owners in that it provided a path to undo the mods and restore the aircraft to Certificated. I would be willing to accept the Pickle Rule (once you are a pickle you can no longer be a cucumber), and have a relatively easy way to modify a spamcan into a usable experimental.

Thoughts?

ted

I for one quit working on it because everyone keeps calling it PNC.

There are lots of irons in the fire right now Ted. Stay tuned - big things are happening

Quote Originally Posted by scottf View Post
    I for one quit working on it because everyone keeps calling it PNC.

There are lots of irons in the fire right now Ted. Stay tuned - big things are happening

ANV! ANV! ANV!

A rose, by any name, would small as sweet.

I'm tuned. What's happening? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    ANV! ANV! ANV!
    Isn't anv one of the seven deadly sins? :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post

Ron Wanttaja
    One would think so if you ask some people in the Government

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post

Ron Wanttaja
    Yeah, which is why I used the term PNC. :-)

But I don't care what we call it so long as we get it.

Quote Originally Posted by TedK View Post
    Yeah, which is why I used the term PNC. :-)

But I don't care what we call it so long as we get it.

I think you just call it that cause you know it makes me crazy