Thread: Building an electric plane in two days on NatGeo

Building an electric plane in two days on NatGeo

2 November - set your DVR's for Mad Scientists on the National Geographic channel!

Robert Baslee of Airdrome Aeroplanes builds an electrically powered airplane in two days.

Can't wait to see it! Robert built the four Nieuport 17's for the movie Flyboys in 42 days, the Bleroit for the movie Amelia, and made the kit for my own Nieuport 11 (along with giving a bunch of support).

Knowing him, it won't be something just thrown together that barely makes it off the ground - it'll be a viable, airworthy aircraft.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

EAA Staff / Moderator Hal Bryan's Avatar
    I missed this, Frank - did you happen to see it?

Hmm ... I just checked an online listing, and it says that the episode (entitled "Shocking Flying Machine") will first air on November 23rd. I'll keep my eyes open, and thanks for the heads-up!

Hal Bryan
    EAA Lifetime 638979
    Vintage 714005 | Warbirds 553527
    Managing Editor
    EAA—The Spirit of Aviation

Yep, looks like they moved it.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Happy New Electric Motor

I hope Robert Baslee could try a new neodenium electric motor with 2400 rpm for the electric plane they showed on TV. I ought to have the efficiency to get the plane off the ground for great flight.