Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Well, is it time to start the thread of what band will play opening day yet?

Well, This should be interesting reading over the next few weeks.......,.......
    Third Eye Blind opening day concert..........
    https://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/ea...ert-on-july-25

I have to say I really like them! But..... It may be a mixed reaction from the typical crowd

Banned
    Before I turned a blind eye toward them, I kept an open mind. I asked my 26 year old son, who is a superb student of music and music culture, about them. He said he wasn't a fan but they were a good alternative rock/pop band that's been around for many years and had a huge hit in the late 90's that I would recognize if I played it. Went to you tube and sure enough I did, had a snappy, memorable chorus.

But they are certainly not the headliner name band that usually appears on opening night. Guess Ford cut back the budget big time. So my Monday night is once again open.

Quote Originally Posted by wyoranch View Post
    I have to say I really like them! But..... It may be a mixed reaction from the typical crowd
    Me too but I'm thinking the stereo-typical attendee won't have a clue as to who they are or their music. I'll enjoy it though....
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Me too but I'm thinking the stereo-typical attendee won't have a clue as to who they are or their music. I'll enjoy it though....
    If it means anything, my wife and daughter are coming this year if we make it. Just for them

Well, didn't see that one coming when I started this thread. Looks like it'll be another drive back to Green Bay to catch some dinner before hitting the road to come back in the morning. That's OK. Maybe next year.

I would say the person who picks these bands likes this group. I have belonged to a couple other groups or clubs, whatever you want to call them. Whenever we had anything going on and looking for something like this say a band, I noticed that things always leaned towards the people who were the ones looking for said whatever it was. It was what they wanted and not what the majority of the members wanted. Why I dropped out of most of these groups. Nothing about them or what they did was a majority vote. They would ask, but then do as they wanted.

HAS

I am sure this will attract some new people to the fly-in. As for me I will stay at the camper and have some bourbon on the rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I would say the person who picks these bands likes this group. I have belonged to a couple other groups or clubs, whatever you want to call them. Whenever we had anything going on and looking for something like this say a band, I noticed that things always leaned towards the people who were the ones looking for said whatever it was. It was what they wanted and not what the majority of the members wanted. Why I dropped out of most of these groups. Nothing about them or what they did was a majority vote. They would ask, but then do as they wanted.

HAS
    I'm sure it has much more to do with who's available and touring in the area. Then the "biggie"... $$$$$ I guarantee that this year's act is cheaper than last years. As I stated earlier in this thread, the bands that most of us would actually like to see cost way more than Ford is willing to pay out. I could be wrong, but then they already would have had Jimmy Buffet play it.