Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Well, is it time to start the thread of what band will play opening day yet?

Well being from a place like Pulaski (even Pulaski, Iowa) I expected no less from you Zack!

Seriously (almost) one would thing that the Wisconsin bureau of tourism would sensor a night of polka (not to mention brats, cheese, and beer.)
    Chris Mayer
    N424AF
    www.o2cricket.com

I'm just happy they're showing The Final Countdown and Star Wars at the fly-in theater! Woo hoo!

The band is announced. Any one else ever heard of "Third Blind Eye"?
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    The band is announced. Any one else ever heard of "Third Blind Eye"?
    I have seen them a couple of times. A good all around rock band. Still don't know if they will be a hit with the Oshkosh crowd.

Third Eye Blind. They had a huge hit back in the 90s, Semi-Charmed Life. Not sure about any of their other songs, they are considered an "alternative" band.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Steber View Post
    Then the "biggie"... $$$$$ I guarantee that this year's act is cheaper than last years. As I stated earlier in this thread, the bands that most of us would actually like to see cost way more than Ford is willing to pay out.
    If budget was an issue I would like to have thought EAA could have gotten together with Ford to come up with someone worthy of being a headline act. Like country music or not, Dierks Bentley was a great success last year and certainly brought people out to see him, that should be the level we consistently aim for, not a forgotten band from the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by deftone View Post
    If budget was an issue I would like to have thought EAA could have gotten together with Ford to come up with someone worthy of being a headline act. Like country music or not, Dierks Bentley was a great success last year and certainly brought people out to see him, that should be the level we consistently aim for, not a forgotten band from the 90's.
    I agree. But the trouble with outdoor concerts is weather. Most bands will have it written in their contract that they will get paid either in full or half even if the band doesn't play. I saw this happen just two days ago here where I live. Not entirely devastating if it's a band such as Third Eye Blind. But if it was one of today's top sought after bands... Again it's all about the money. Oh well, we're all there for the planes and people anyway.

I saw the Beach Boys on TV last night at the National Memorial Day Concert. Two original members are still up there in their Hawaiian shirts, singing away in their mid-70s, and they look great! And the guy they have singing lead sounds a LOT like Carl Wilson, the original lead on that song. Bring back the Beach Boys!

'Third Eye Blind' is in the news right now. Maybe it will be toned down some next week??

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...rd_eye_bl.html