Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why I've changed my mind on the new Youth Protection Policy

Bravo to Jeff and the rest of us who have decided to stick with EAA Young Eagles program. Thanks, Jeff, for starting an upbeat, positive thread. Those of us who remain who agree to comply with the new Youth Protection policy, let's build a newer, better YE program!

Very good to hear. Thanks.
    Classic airplanes at historic Red Stewart Airfield, Waynesville, OH: http://s1075.beta.photobucket.com/us...ic%20Airplanes

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    I am still deeply unhappy with how this program was rolled out and the poor communication from HQ. EAA will lose membership and YE will lose support over this, and these wounds are completely self-inflicted. I don't think I'm overstating things when I say that whoever at HQ was responsible for this debacle (and I don't mean Jack) needs to lose their job. In the post-Hightower era, EAA can ill afford these sort of missteps. Yes, it's that important, and in this member's opinion EAA is ill served by those in senior leadership who foisted this upon the organization.

Thank you for indulging this rant. I look forward to the continued success of EAA and of YE, and I support Jack and the board in the difficult decisions that will be needed to ensure that success.
    Jeff, for your informaton, Jack Pelton, the Board of Directors and senior leadership, all approved this reckless and irresponsible program which will do rereptable harm to the Young Eagles Program, and for all of us who live in the real world of reality, all senior personal from the bottom up (and that means Jack) need to lose their jobs.
    To support the people who OK'ed this travisty, in their attempt to repair it is likened to the "inmates correcting conditions at the asylum." It also clearly shows talking out of both sides of ones mouth, which sounds very much like a part of your post, along with a reason for the post, may have came straight from Mr.Pelton's office. Otherwise it makes no sense. In fact, a part of your post is very close, word for word, to a section I relayed to Mr. Pelton, last month.
    We firmly believe, that Mr. Pelton and many board members, have been and are continuing to try to cover their rear ends in this matter. We believe they are continuing to look for puppets to help in this matter.
    It's time to clean house at headquarters. We are extremely embarrassed to be members of this organization and will not stand to have the most perfect program humanly possible, the Young Eagles Program, to be torn apart by the current group of EAA officers. I, as one who truly and honesty does care about the Young Eagles Program, will not stand idly by and watch it being torn from all angles, as we are beginning to see already.
    We, also, thank you Jeff, for starting this thread and posting your concerns as well.

Jay

I think this is the first time I've ever been accused of being a puppet for EAA management. Thanks, I needed a good chuckle.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

I'll see your sock puppet and raise you a shill.

That EAA logo you use as an avatar was provided to you by the organization, wasn't it? Certainly you didn't pay for it, did you?

Okay, seriously, the whole thing is yet another hoop to jump through in order to help out. Since I don't own a certified aircraft, I don't have much of a dog in the hunt, but I don't mind being part of the ramp crew - which means I'll have to do the whole clearance screen. The removal of the SSN and most of the paperwork puts it into "dumb" but not "evil" requirements.

Btw, what is the clearance level? Is it code worded, too, as it only applies to one operation within the organization? I vote for Secret/Squirrel.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    I think this is the first time I've ever been accused of being a puppet for EAA management. Thanks, I needed a good chuckle.
    I am very sorry, Jeff, if I offended you. Believe me, that was in no way my intentions, as one can be see if one reads every word in my post. I do, however, respect your opinion, but must disagree.
    I must thank you, and I do from the bottom of my heart. You have helped me show the destructive nature of The Young Eagles Protection Program. Rather than helping to continue the cementing together of the EAA membership, the ruling class at headquarters has decided to support a program which in fact is tearing the membership apart. So sad, very depressing. Young Eagle pilots, grounds personnel, volunteers, and the EAA membership, as a whole, have up until now been the most perfectly run,most tightly and dedicated group anywhere.
    Thanks again, Jeff, and the best to you and yours.
    Last edited by Jkan; 03-08-2016 at 09:16 AM. Reason: spaces needed

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    I'll see your sock puppet and raise you a shill.Btw, what is the clearance level? Is it code worded, too, as it only applies to one operation within the organization? I vote for Secret/Squirrel.
    Secret/Squirrel/NoFun....

Ron Wanttaja

No offense taken Jay, all in good fun. I've got pretty thick skin.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

I have posted updates on the numbers of folks who have done the training and background checks so far on two of the other threads if folks are interested in that.

We are hosting a webinar on the youth protection policy on Monday, March 14 if any of you are interested.

Bret

As one of the members of the Board, I can assure you that we are not trying to cover any parts of our anatomy.

We are though, trying to do what is needed for the organization. The times that we are in place certain responsibilities upon us and thus require actions that we too find filled with points of pain.

I assure you that we have had much discussion and continue to discuss ways to deal with a complicated situation.

Official positions on the matter will always come from management. I am just saying that many of us Board Members ALSO fly Young Eagles. We have had concerns ourselves. We have listened to concerns. And management continually works to minimize such.

James