Thread: Invest in Aviation call

Invest in Aviation call

I, like most of you, have received this today. It is a call for funds.
    Before I invest.....
    What are the goals of this fund drive?
    Where are the funds going to?
    Who is managing these funds?
    Why should we invest our funds - in detail?

http://pages.eaa.org/index.php/email...V1t6UKWA%3D%3D

EAA Staff have directly answered my questions and I am done. Should have inquired directly.
    Last edited by Jim Heffelfinger; 02-25-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Covers the cost of YE background checks

Banned
    I didn't get the email, I can only conclude they don't want my Canadian currency. Apart from that, I have a difficult time thinking about contributing to a membership driven organization that would only consult me directly when they want money, certainly not about providing input on policy.

I followed the link out of curiosity. You can choose between the following for your funds:

Greatest Need [This is the default, basically as they see fit...]
    Youth Education
    B17/Ford TriMotor
    EAA Museum

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Covers the cost of YE background checks
    You may have been joking but if the number of 2,000 completed was correct as mentioned in another thread, that $10,000 the EAA owes for checks. Of course, that logo and pic of the cute kid cost money to design as well...

The page in the link made mention of an Annual Report, which make me search for one. Unfortunately, the most recent one is from August 2014, not a current one. Kinda left me scratching my head though. With the tens of millions of dollars they have laid out there, much of which they got from us, where are they falling short and need us to spread our checkbooks?

I'll pass... There are four youth scholarship funds locally where every penny I give goes directly to future aviation professionals , that makes more sense to me.
    John Smutny

Life is not a journey to the grave intending of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Damn, what a ride!

What change do they want to effect?

In a house with my laptop.....somewhere in Collierville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Vision401 View Post
    What change do they want to effect?
    Changing money from your pocket to theirs.
    Jim Rice
    Wolf River Airport (54M)
    Collierville, TN

N4WJ 1994 Van's RV-4 (Flying)
    N3368K 1946 Globe GC-1B Swift (Flying)--For Sale
    N7155H 1946 Piper J-3C Cub (Flying)

Quote Originally Posted by smutny View Post
    I followed the link out of curiosity. You can choose between the following for your funds:

Greatest Need [This is the default, basically as they see fit...]
    Youth Education
    B17/Ford TriMotor
    EAA Museum

You may have been joking but if the number of 2,000 completed was correct as mentioned in another thread, that $10,000 the EAA owes for checks. Of course, that logo and pic of the cute kid cost money to design as well...

The page in the link made mention of an Annual Report, which make me search for one. Unfortunately, the most recent one is from August 2014, not a current one. Kinda left me scratching my head though. With the tens of millions of dollars they have laid out there, much of which they got from us, where are they falling short and need us to spread our checkbooks?

I'll pass... There are four youth scholarship funds locally where every penny I give goes directly to future aviation professionals , that makes more sense to me.
    I found the current Annual Report without too much trouble.

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    Thank you Zach. That is an example of the participation that we need here from the EAA Staff.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Baughman View Post
    Might want to update the link at the bottom of the website, that is what points to 2014.
    John Smutny

Life is not a journey to the grave intending of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, used up, worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Damn, what a ride!