Thread: New to your Forum

New to your Forum

Hello all and thanks for letting me drop in. I am a retired model builder ,A&,P mechanic and have my eye on building a 103 ultralight. I will probably try to design my own (boy is that scary) Would like to make it a v tail for any thing I built as a modeler with landing gear had butter fly tails. Need some help with the control mechanism I have a good idea as to what it should look like and how it would work But If any of the member have any photos , sketch, Parts manuals of a v tail ruddervator control system and would let me take a look at them would go a long way. Any one with a Maxair Hummer, Lazzair, Vector 600 or a Hirth3203 could help. I know that going a long back to almost the beginning but some times you have to bring things back and make them new again. Thanks again for letting me hang around. James

There's a good photo and some good discussion in this thread:

http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/fo...t-v-tails.html

I used to have a Gemini Humming Bird ultralight with a v-tail and a very simple mixer set up just like the one in the photo below (copied from the link above), but all cable operated instead of pushrods. It was a very effective and efficient empennage.

V Tail Mixer

Quote Originally Posted by wakataka View Post
    There's a good photo and some good discussion in this thread:

http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/fo...t-v-tails.html

I used to have a Gemini Humming Bird ultralight with a v-tail and a very simple mixer set up just like the one in the photo below (copied from the link above), but all cable operated instead of pushrods. It was a very effective and efficient empennage.

Thanks for the photo. This is about what I thought it would look like and this confirms it. I can now got with the rest of the design. I'm looking into using as much carbon fiber as possible to keep in the 254 lbs limit. Thanks again