Hey all,

I'm looking for some ideas regarding hangar lots, with the idea of creating an airport that draws vintage aircraft. The airport is about 20 minutes from a major city and has a 3000+' sod runway.

If you own a vintage aircraft (and would base it at a field with a sod-only runway option) could you help me with some answers to the following questions?

What is a realistic size hangar that should be planned for the lots?

Hangar homes would not be allowed by local code. That being said, I know that some individuals would still like to have a "lounge". Electric is available, but water/sewer would be expensive to run to the lots. Would not having those utilities be a dealbreaker if there was a pilot's lounge with public bathrooms?

One idea I had was to make smaller lots with two rows back to back. That way we don't price out the smaller guys, but others could buy two lots if they wanted a wider or deeper unit. The issue would be that the only access to the buildings would be from the front, and it eliminates add-ons like side windows/porches/etc. Is this an issue?

What other airport amenities would be required (a.k.a. would be worth additional costs for each lot)? Fuel is not currently available on the field, but being in a metro area it is available all around. Looking in to fuel sales, restoration companies, and encouraging existing private collections to move to the airport, but obviously some of these are "cart before the horse". As they need to be in place to draw planes, but we need aircraft in place to make them financially viable.

thanks in advance for your suggestions.