Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N registered Aircraft and pilot's license

Yeah, all clear on that. We can get the required permission for the aircraft in Norway. The T-28 is also Experimental. What I'm wondering about is if can fly it on an Australian type conversion (rating). I have both an EASA and a US license.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    Note that the T-6 is an EXPERIMENTAL on the US Registry.
    You sure about that, Ron? I see over 500 T-6s and SNJs in the registry licensed in Standard Category, and fewer than 40 as Experimentals. I believe North American did get civilian certification for the T-6. This UK Site says T-6s are Standard, while Canadian-Built Harvards are Experimental.

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 11-09-2016 at 09:05 AM.

You're right, RW. One needs to check his airworthiness certificate before proceeding. I just assumed they all were since the one local SNJ was marked experimental as is not uncommon with warbirds.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    You're right, RW. One needs to check his airworthiness certificate before proceeding. I just assumed they all were since the one local SNJ was marked experimental as is not uncommon with warbirds.
    Just for S&Gs, I looked up a couple of Experimental SNJs. One has been converted to an NA-50/P-64 replica....

...and the other was converted to a replica Japanese Kate torpedo bomber (had a clue on this one.... it was registered to "Japanese Bomber LLC".

The P-64 replica is the only experimental T-6 or SNJ registered in Virginia, but I assume that's not the one you saw.

This is just two out of dozens, but I felt it was interesting in that the only two I looked up were converted replicas....

Ron Wanttaja
    Last edited by rwanttaja; 11-09-2016 at 11:35 AM.