Thread: Member Album

Member Album

Today I received a yellow post card from, supposedly, the IAC wanting a call back. So I called tonight. What I got a sales pitch for a hundred dollar book of, I guess, old competitors. And this card which has Mike Heuer's signature, looks like something I might get from the local sheriff trying to sell me on donating to some pet program that they back, but the sheriff actually only gets 2 or 3 percent of the dollars spent. Anyway, sitting here now with a bad taste in my mouth. Hope I'm wrong!
    No matter how far you push the envelope; its still stationary!

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Lyons View Post
    Today I received a yellow post card from, supposedly, the IAC wanting a call back. So I called tonight. What I got a sales pitch for a hundred dollar book of, I guess, old competitors. And this card which has Mike Heuer's signature, looks like something I might get from the local sheriff trying to sell me on donating to some pet program that they back, but the sheriff actually only gets 2 or 3 percent of the dollars spent. Anyway, sitting here now with a bad taste in my mouth. Hope I'm wrong!
    I decided not to call, because the card looks like so many others that want you to send a photo or personal info to be included in a vanity publication. All they really are saying is "Send us your photo, and we will put it in a cheap publication and you can buy it for $$$."

I was hoping that the IAC had not lowered itself to that. Thanks for the confirmation.

BJC

Here is a link to an article we have on the IAC website concerning this project:

https://www.iac.org/news/2016-02-04-...harris-connect

IAC has done business with Harris Connect before. They published membership directories for us in 1990, 1995, and 2000. Their quality and service were always quite good. Recently, the EAA Warbirds of America also worked with them to publish a directory which I had a chance to inspect before we signed the contract and was very nice as the photographs and member info really enhanced the book.

Please remember you do not have to have any of your info included if you don't want to. Call the 866 number provided and you get a real person on the other end who will review it with you.

While many of us utilize internet resources more, I am still "old school" enough to enjoy having a hard-copy directory with me during travel.

Mike Heuer