Thread: Any Rearwin owners on here?

Any Rearwin owners on here?

I'm new to this forum and currently rebuilding a Rearwin Cloudster. I am anticipating getting it airborne around April assuming I can overcome some minor issues. The aircraft is the only one of it's type here in the UK so parts and information are hard to come by. I bought it about four months ago and the aircraft was grounded with a cracked crankcase. The engine build seems to be progressing well it's a Warner Scarab 145 by the way and I have an interiors expert working on new seats carpets and headliners.

One of the problems to overcome is a slipping cable over the drive pulley for the trim tab mechanism. Having looked at chains etc it seems that the best way forward might be to employ the twin groove pulley mod that some Cub owners use. I would welcome any thoughts on this.

Another snag involves the engine mounting bushes. I can't find any. They are an oval shape with a central hole that accepts a steel bush and there are ten of them. I would appreciate any leads on a possible source for them.

When I can figure out how the forum works I will post some pictures.

Will

Are you sure the bushes are oval? Think they are round...attached is a photo of a Warner 185 mount that we used on Monocoupes. These were initially made for N2347, which was owned by Bill Symmes for awhile. We rebuilt that bird after N101H. Photo attached.

Derswede
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Derswede View Post
    Are you sure the bushes are oval? Think they are round...attached is a photo of a Warner 185 mount that we used on Monocoupes. These were initially made for N2347, which was owned by Bill Symmes for awhile. We rebuilt that bird after N101H. Photo attached.

Derswede
    I hope that a picture of the bush has uploaded. I do have the original 10 items but it makes no sense to incorporate them into a rebuild. I think that the Warner 165 uses the same mounting bushes as the Conti C145 0-300 series. Thanks for looking though.

Will

Yup, a bit different. Hope you can find a set! If I see anything, will drop you a note.
    Derswede

Finally fixed my engine mounting problem, the company that had made some years ago and subsequently lost the tooling has agreed to make a new tool and run another batch.
    A couple of pictures showing the aircraft in happier times and as it looks at the moment.