Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IMC Club Membership

So,

Is there a IMC club web site? Very confusing... chapters, forums... what's the relationship?

Navigating to the IMC Club page

At the main EAA homepage, click the dropdown menu from the top "Aviation Interests" you will see the IMC Club listed near the bottom. It takes you to the exclusive IMC Club area of interests and information. There is a lot of great information there including videos and reference material. As we are getting into winter flying, I highly recommend the Accident Case study video that is put out by the AOPA on the TBM accident. It is a chilling (no pun intended) reminder of how even an experienced pilot ended up in a fatal accident that killed all five onboard. I plan on showing this at my next IMC Club meeting in December 2016.

Here is all of the information on the EAA website for IMC club!

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-c...rests/imc-club

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    Here is all of the information on the EAA website for IMC club!

http://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-c...rests/imc-club
    Glory and Tom,

Thanks for that link, now much clearer.
    Tom, good point about the TBM accident. It's still amazing how a competent pilot can just let the plane stall. And it's happened many times.

I am a new EAA member with registration also for the Forum separately. My interest in most things today is to reduce in scale and update my ability to create and operate digital models of aircraft flight what I worked on at Douglas aircraft and United Technologies from 1965 to 1981. As NavStar had just launched and GPS was in the future in that era my technology was that of the B-52 and later the F-4 Phantom. I have a new book from the Naval Institute Press "Hot Spot of Invention, Charles Stark Draper, MIT, and the Development of Inertial Guidance and Navigation" by Thomas Wildenberg, copyright 2019 that eventually explains PIGAs, GIGAs, and that manner of strap down inertial that provides insight into the kind of accelerometer MIMs in today's telephones and digital tablets. I witnessed ILS go from CAT I to CAT II to CAT III on the DC-9. Auto land today? Amazing!! What else is new. I am amazed even more by vacuum powered gyros in GA.