Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lifetime Benifits

Sad Lifetime Benifits

Is it just me? I feel slighted by the message I just received...

We are pleased to announce the 2016 EAA AirVenture Oshkosh exclusive offerings for EAA lifetime members. In an effort to serve the different preferences of our members and ensure availability to our growing Lifetime Membership base, we're offering you the opportunity to choose from either the Lifetime Dinner or single-day access to the Flightline Pavilion for you and a guest! Also new this year is the registration and ticketing process. Keep reading for all the details.

When I signed up and paid for the lifetime membership my memory was that there was unlimited access to the Flightline Pavilion and included the Lifetime Dinner. Now that I paid for it I am restricted to 1 day access or Lifetime Dinner

I know what you mean. I spent one day looking for my name on a "wall" at Oshkosh (read that in the fine print), no one knew where it was.Turned out to be a listing on web site, and I never saw my name on it. Been wondering ever since, what I get from being a "Lifer" besides a jacket, car decal and card. Could have given me a decoder ring at least.

Bill L

I'm 76. Don't I'll worry about the benefits of the life time membership.
    If God had intended man to fly He would have given us more money!

While I can definitely see a need to limit the numbers at the Lifetime Dinner, I have never seen the Pavillion grossly overcrowded. A note sent to Lifetime and Member Services questioning the need to limit Pavillion access to one day has not been responded to. Neverless, I still am looking forward to Oshkosh!

I wonder if this will be brought up at the annual meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by obmaha View Post
    I wonder if this will be brought up at the annual meeting?
    Unless people start bringing up things like this Jack Pelton will keep on driving away the membership. Its flat out wrong to treat lifetime members like that, especially if they were promised something when they signed up. EAA should honor the agreement

FYI from earlier this year

2016 Performers List

Started by Glory Aulik, 01-07-2016 03:27 PM 12 Hmmmm.

Last edited by MNWORD; 06-22-2016 at 08:24 AM.

When I go to SNF/Airventure, I go more for the vendors and meeting up with friends rather than seeing a bunch of planes flying back and forth.

Since becoming a lifetime member a bunch of years ago, I've hit up the Lifetime Dinner several times. They typically have some pretty good speakers and the food is normally pretty good. I've also met some interesting people sitting at my table. That's not why I became a lifetime member though. I became a lifetime member simply because I didn't want to bother paying dues anymore and I had the money to plop down at the time. I'm getting close to going over the break even point, so that's a plus.

All that being said, I suppose at some point in time I knew about the access to the pavilion, but I don't think I've ever bothered going in because, as mentioned, watching a bunch of planes going back and forth just doesn't interest me as much as it did at my first airshow several decades ago. However, I do hate to see benefits that were promised get taken away.

My vote, if there is ever a vote on such a thing, is to re-open the pavilion for the entire time.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Sounds to me like someone is changing the rules in the middle of the game. I don't think that I ( if I were a lifetime member) would be very happy. I try so hard to love EAA for what it represents and does, but at times I just feel dirty seeing some of the sketchy things going on.
    Rick

No, it's not just you, bud. My personal opinion? It's a scam. Somebody at the headshed did actuary calculations and figured out most of the Lifetime members would die quicker if they paid to be Lifetime members than if they paid yearly. Once you get your cap, jacket and genuine simulated wood engraved plaque, all you can look forward to is an invite to the Lifetime Member Banquet. BUT, you better stay on top of that because you're going to have to watch your emails to order tickets sometime in spring to in sure you have a seat.