Thread: Lifetime Benifits

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FYI from earlier this year

2016 Performers List

Started by Glory Aulik, 01-07-2016 03:27 PM 12 Hmmmm.

Last edited by MNWORD; 06-22-2016 at 08:24 AM.

When I go to SNF/Airventure, I go more for the vendors and meeting up with friends rather than seeing a bunch of planes flying back and forth.

Since becoming a lifetime member a bunch of years ago, I've hit up the Lifetime Dinner several times. They typically have some pretty good speakers and the food is normally pretty good. I've also met some interesting people sitting at my table. That's not why I became a lifetime member though. I became a lifetime member simply because I didn't want to bother paying dues anymore and I had the money to plop down at the time. I'm getting close to going over the break even point, so that's a plus.

All that being said, I suppose at some point in time I knew about the access to the pavilion, but I don't think I've ever bothered going in because, as mentioned, watching a bunch of planes going back and forth just doesn't interest me as much as it did at my first airshow several decades ago. However, I do hate to see benefits that were promised get taken away.

My vote, if there is ever a vote on such a thing, is to re-open the pavilion for the entire time.
    Someday I'll come up with something profound to put here.

Sounds to me like someone is changing the rules in the middle of the game. I don't think that I ( if I were a lifetime member) would be very happy. I try so hard to love EAA for what it represents and does, but at times I just feel dirty seeing some of the sketchy things going on.
    Rick