Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Web Attack again

Our provider is looking into the problem! I'll keep everyone updated on when the issue is fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Aulik View Post
    I believe this topic belongs on the Youth Protection thread not the virus warnings...
    Well, expect the EAA has an issue with a provider... Huh, kinda like the background check group was also a third party provider and we were worried they too would 'have an issue'.

Yeah, we were worried the EAA would have an issue with our data being lost on a website... And now your website has issues. Yeah, no comparison at all.....
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    Well, expect the EAA has an issue with a provider... Huh, kinda like the background check group was also a third party provider and we were worried they too would 'have an issue'.

Yeah, we were worried the EAA would have an issue with our data being lost on a website... And now your website has issues. Yeah, no comparison at all.....
    It isn't fair to characterize the two situations as similar. With virus definitions and malware programs constantly changing, we do come across the occasional issue like this with vBulletin, which is what powers the forums.

We kindly ask that we keep the thread on topic. We continue to investigate the issue and hope to better understand the cause, and any resolution.

As always, we appreciate all of the feedback we read from our members. But we also have rules for the forum, http://eaaforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules

Best,
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by djenders View Post
    It isn't fair to characterize the two situations as similar. With virus definitions and malware programs constantly changing, we do come across the occasional issue like this with vBulletin, which is what powers the forums.

We kindly ask that we keep the thread on topic. We continue to investigate the issue and hope to better understand the cause, and any resolution.

As always, we appreciate all of the feedback we read from our members. But we also have rules for the forum, http://eaaforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules

Best,
    Dennis
    Yeah, and websites are ALWAYS under attack and data mining programs are ALWAYS being used. You say they are not similar.... Well, I see:

1. A provider the EAA uses being attacked
    2. A provider the EAA uses being attacked being a fear for providing the EAA vendor personal identifying information.

You say they are not the same.... But, I as a member see a GIGANTIC similarity. And this serves as justification of my/our earlier fears.

I have read your rules. I am in line with them. Are you in line with serving the membership by trying to shush any dissenting opinions?
    1996 Quad City Challenger CWS w/503 - Sold
    1974 7ECA Citabria - Sold
    1986 Pitts S1S

Quote Originally Posted by ssmdive View Post
    Yeah, and websites are ALWAYS under attack and data mining programs are ALWAYS being used. You say they are not similar.... Well, I see:

1. A provider the EAA uses being attacked
    2. A provider the EAA uses being attacked being a fear for providing the EAA vendor personal identifying information.

You say they are not the same.... But, I as a member see a GIGANTIC similarity. And this serves as justification of my/our earlier fears.

I have read your rules. I am in line with them. Are you in line with serving the membership by trying to shush any dissenting opinions?
    I respectfully disagree, and we feel the topic around our Youth Protection Policy should be posted there. As you know, we have always encouraged on-topic posting, and feel strongly that this can be classified as cross-posting.

We most definitely understand that all types of attacks / hacks could be classified together, but this thread is specifically about issues logging into the site. Any further cross-posting will be removed. Please use the appropriate thread.

Thank you.
    Dennis Jenders, EAA #300475

Somebody must have done something because I'm no longer getting the warning message. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dusterpilot View Post
    Somebody must have done something because I'm no longer getting the warning message. Thanks!
    Good to see, we've been working on resolving. And it looks like we identified the issue.

Dennis
    Dennis Jenders, EAA #300475

I am no longer getting this either. Problem resolved on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    I am no longer getting this either. Problem resolved on my end.
    Great to hear!