Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quicksilver MX Sprint

Many hours flying with Sprints on floats. Typical of flying heavier but no adverse effects that I was able to detect. Does handle turbulance a bit better as the weight increases the stability. Longer take off, quicker decent....the same as any other flying machine. The wings were tested to 3200 lbs. The wing fences will make the plane "feel" like the wings have more surface as the fences increase the wings efficiency. The open end of the wing by design allow the high pressere to "escape" to the low pressure side of the wing. The fences reduce this exchange.

Thank you Hound, this is the kind of information I was seeking about the quicksilver. I talked to some guys from Minnesota who fly floats and they basicly said the same thing, I was also told the ailerons were a little more responsive with the fences.As the weather has been below freezing after I installed mine I haven't used them yet. I'm currently refinishing the prop and getting the reduction pulleys aligned as they were about a sixteenth off and wearing on one side of the bottom pulley just enough to take some of the black annealing off. So, according to gross weight the wings were tested to 6gs. which is quite alot for our little flying lawn chair. Thanks again for the info! regards Cliffo