Thread: ADS-B install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by tmcquinn View Post
    The paperwork is complete. WingX is loaded onto an iPad Mini and an Android PC, both of which are now yoke mounted. I just received my FAA Compliance Report and got 100% compliance, no issues. My A&P had to be talked into trying this but it turned out to not be so difficult. He charged me 22 hours but I think he may have subtracted out some of the time we spent scratching our heads and mumbling...
    Ouch! 22 hours for a job that shouldn't have taken more than a couple hours. Nothing like paying for his education. I'm enjoying my EAB more every day due to A&Ps billing excessive hours.

im glad that everything is working for you! You are going to see more aircraft than you ever knew that were around you. The weather radar and meters are nice too!
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler

Sorry, but I was there the whole time and I don't see how a person could do a quality job pulling the wires in a couple of hours, let alone drilling all those holes in the plane, new circuit breaker, warning light, etc.

Now I would bet he could do another one in a lot less time.

Quote Originally Posted by tmcquinn View Post
    Sorry, but I was there the whole time and I don't see how a person could do a quality job pulling the wires in a couple of hours, let alone drilling all those holes in the plane, new circuit breaker, warning light, etc.

Now I would bet he could do another one in a lot less time.
    look me up in HBC next week and I'll show you several aircraft that installed the Navworx unit in a few hours, and none of them used the transmon.
    --
    Bob Leffler
    RV-10 Flying
    www.mykitlog.com/rleffler