I start another thread on this topic to address some specific questions about the new Youth Protection Policy. The background check is being discussed ad nauseum on another thread, and I would like this one to focus on issues with the policy. I would like HQ to address these questions on this forum, and I am posting them here rather than contacting them directly because I think the answers would be of interest to everyone.

1. Under 8 (b)- Photography, it states that volunteers are prohibited from taking photos of youth and posting them on social media. Later in the paragraph, it contradicts itself and says that photos may be taken by a designated photographer and turned over to the person in charge, who can use them as "he or she deems appropriate." Our chapter has a designated photographer who posts the photos taken to a chapter Young Eagles Facebook page that we created for this purpose, and that we share with parents and kids and invite them to view the photos there. The photos are usually of the kid(s), the pilot and the airplane. Clearly we deem this appropriate. Will this activity be permitted under the policy?

2. Under 7 (d) kids are prohibited from overnight activities or trips. My chapter does weekend fly-out camping trips on occasion. Would this policy prevent a member from bringing their minor child/ grandchild along?

3. On the Waiver and Permission Slip Matrix, the last footnote indicates that records should be kept "longer if required by your State's Statute of Limitations." Statute of limitations for what? Civil lawsuit, or potential criminal investigation? As a data point, in EAA's home state of Wisconsin, there is no statute of limitations in place for sex crimes against children, so this requirement effectively requires the chapter to keep these records forever. Was this the intent? Could you please clarify?